LAN Party Saturday!!!

Darren Kitchen

Sweet jesus, I want to be there this time. I love counter-strike. In 1.6 I'm cal but source can't be too much different :)

It runs slower... and take up lots more disk space... and there is no big metal shild for the ct's any more...

What game do you plan on playing the most? I haven't bought a computer game in a while. I only have the demos for UT2004, FarCry, and BF2. I guess i'll invest a little into a game for the hak.5 lan party, but I don't want to go buy a game and then you don't play that one again....

also darren... I have a Atholon XP 2400+ with a GB of Ram. I noticed you have a similar setup. Do you have any trouble running the game?

I dont have trouble running any games since I got the ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition :lol:

I cant say that there is any game I play most. Actually up until the other month I hadn't played a game in nearly a year. IPTV will do that to ya. Its also one of the reasons we're doing the Hak5 LAN parties now, so that we have a valid excuse to game. "It's for the show... Really, it is".

I really really want to get a demo game on the list for a month so that everyone can play. We'll also be playing some last generation first person shooters which can be had inexpensively and will run on almost any hardware.

What game do you plan on playing the most? I haven't bought a computer game in a while. I only have the demos for UT2004, FarCry, and BF2. I guess i'll invest a little into a game for the hak.5 lan party, but I don't want to go buy a game and then you don't play that one again....

also darren... I have a Atholon XP 2400+ with a GB of Ram. I noticed you have a similar setup. Do you have any trouble running the game?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtestis a free online thingy that will test if you can run most of the new games.

STARCRAFT

So 1998... heh..

Then what about Quake 3 with the Quake 2 map pack or Rocket Arena?

I kid... although it was a staple of our lans along with SC:Broodwars and HL:CS....

How about creating some maps for the Hak.5 community?

If we were to go play Starcraft I might actually join in.

I'm sure I suck hard at it, but the game should run properly under Wine, I actually _HAVE_ the sucker, and do enjoy this type of game.