Dual Monitors - Gaming on one, talking/web browsing etc on the other

hyp0dermik

Recently having acquired a new computer, I decided to use my older monitor as a second monitor. It is a 17' CRT, on an 8800GT. A 20' LCD is my primary monitor. In the Nvidia Suite they are configured as dual view - two independent monitors, with different resolutions and refresh rates, etc.

My problem is: Whenever I  run a full screen game like CSS,  and click on something in the second monitor, the full screen game minimizes. Is there a way round this.

No,

i have the same deal, and i have not found a way around it yet seeing as you can only have one 'active' windows at a time.  but one cool thing is a little app called "Display Fusion" for all your dual monitor needs

Bugger, am looking to do the same.

Here's another question.

I have 2 7600GT's running SLI (not sure how you term the setup) how would I setup 2 monitors on these cards, from reading the nvida control pannel I figure I need to disable SLI and run the two cards seperatly (also looking for advice on how to phsyically plug the monitors in - e.g. 1 in both cards or both into one card)

Am looking to buy an 8800 soon  :)

Bugger, am looking to do the same.

Here's another question.

I have 2 7600GT's running SLI (not sure how you term the setup) how would I setup 2 monitors on these cards, from reading the nvida control pannel I figure I need to disable SLI and run the two cards seperatly (also looking for advice on how to phsyically plug the monitors in - e.g. 1 in both cards or both into one card)

Am looking to buy an 8800 soon  :)

The problem is SLi does not support dual monitors as you well know, and when you disable SLi you need to restart the computer to make it effective.  Meaning if you have SLi you must restart your computer every time you wish to use the dual monitors.  (lame)  nVIDIA needs to get off their ass and write some dual monitor support already.

rofl... yer, nVidia ftw

micrsoft for the... meh, who cares its a lose/lose situation, people just

simply hate microsoft, its like a religion or something?

and... the thing about dual moniters is, its actually ONE screen, just split up

sooo if kant play a fullscreen game & web browse on one moniter then 2

moniters makes no difference, beacuse its the same screen *yawn* boy its late

2:47am