SuSe Linux Wireless Configuration

EbRiZZlez

I've recently bought this new wireless card which is compatiable with Linux, it's driver was done by MadWifi. My only trouble is, I just want to get on the net with my SuSe Linux 10.0 (old distro, I know, but I can't update it without the net working.)

I tried manipulating the YAST manager and nothing... I tried compiling the driver available at MadWifi's website, and got a funky error about the Makefile and after a while I just gave up. I've been working on Windows operating system for so long, because of it's popularity so when I program something, it wouldn't be problematic with the OS cababilites thus I had a larger audience.. But I now want to set aside my programming ehtics for my other projects, so I need to use SuSe. I have not a single clue about Linux and how to configure a simple thing.

Can someone please help me out here? I just need help in configuring my Linux so I can go online via wirelessly.

Would I focus on the driver from madwifi or should I continue messing around with the YAST controls? And how would you compile the driver source?

My wireless card is a: NetGear WG311v3.

Cheers, :D

-EbRiZZlez