Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

pandora.js file in the js folder has the settings.

One of the settings is:

var SONG_COUNT_BEFORE_RELOAD = 30;

Pandora after sometime will require user intervention and will not function. This setting ensures that Pandora is reloaded before it requires user intervention. So if you want to rip music all night long (cruise control is on) then this will do it for you. If you're going to sit in front of the computer and rip songs manually (cruise control is off) then you can increase the counter for reload. When pandora stops playing songs because it requires user intevention, you can simply reload the page at that time.

Won't the program become out of synch with Pandora if it is restarted and grab the wrong file? Or will it automatically compensate for the song that is downloaded before hand in the background?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the app grabs the song it takes all the files in temp directory and sorts them by the modified time. Once sorted it grabs the file. In the case you mentioned where Pandora reloads it doesn't matter since a timestamp is used.

* All settings such as pandora username, last.fm username/password, and other options can be saved

* Settings are saved to a cookie which expires after 60 days

Now if the page reloads all your settings will be restored and you don't need to retype any info.

Sweet! :D

I have downloaded the latest compiled file today, but it is not working.

My port 80 is used so I used port 8085. I get the 'let's grab some mp3s' message.

But when I try to navigate to localhost:8085 the Pandora page does not come up. Instead I get this error

"HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found Date: Thu Jun 01 17:24:12 GMT+05:30 2006 Content-Type: text/html Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=-1 server.Server: Pandoras Jar Connection: close file not found"

And in the PandorasJar window it after 2 lines of "localhost connected to server " it shows

"No enum const class enums.File Type .ICO"

Any help?

Sunil Korah

When pandora refreshes, the cruise control gets turned off so it stops grabbing when I try to run it over night. Is there a reason for this? I don't mean to complain because it is a great hak and I thank you. But, for those obscure songs it takes a long time for pandora to play it so I need to run it over night sometimes. Could an ini file be created for this so people can enter their own parms to control the way it works? Unfortunately, I don't know java or I'd try to help.

I have also downloaded the latest compiled file and it doesnt work...

it pops the dos window for a sec and write:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/Logfactory

at client.client.<clinit><Client.java:19>

what can i do?

@sunil: The .ICO thing is harmless. Just a warning about a file your browser is requesting which isn't included in the package (the icon typically shown left of the URL in the browser window). I'm not familiar enough with the package just yet to figure out what else might be wrong.

@samu: The pandora.jar file has a dependency to several files in the lib directory that was (or should be) part of the package you downloaded. You must run the pandora server from the directory that contains the pandora.jar file otherwise it probably won't be able to find its dependencies.

Specifically, your error means it was unable to find the liblog4j-1.2.12.jar file.

Hi...this app looks really exciting. I downloaded it and tried it out on Dapper Drake Ubuntu even though I know that it's "for Windows only" at this time.

To get it working I had to switch from the open source java default implementation to the sun jre.

After doing this, it actually seems to get pretty far, but when I hit "grab it", I get the message "unable tor rip MP3 null".

Any chance we can get this working on Linux? It seems like it shouldn't be that hard, it is java after all...

Thank you...

It's on my to-do list. The only downside is that it's a long list, and it takes a while for stuff to float to the top...

I think that a great feature that could be added to this would be that the program could skip the song once it has ripped it to save time when we leave it on over night, that way we can get more songs in the same amount of time and it should stop the idle feature built in to pandora, tho i have no idea how to impliment this feature or even if it would be possible

Its great as is tho!

ben

Getting an error.

C:Pandora&gt;java -jar pandora.jar 8085

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: client

(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:537)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.

3)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

Any way to get around this?

I had the "unable to rip MP3 null" error and I installed the new skin of MrDave2176 (superb !). Unfortunately, it doesn't show any message in the bar and seems to be unable to grab any song. Is there any solution ? I'm so sad without this great hack...

Thanks in advance.

For those of you who aren't afraid to hack a bit, and know how to compile Java code...

1) Edit srcutilMp3Processor.java...

1-a) Find these lines (beginning around line number 67)

----------

private static File getAccessFile(File pandoraTempDir) {

File [] files = pandoraTempDir.listFiles();

----------

...and insert the following lines just after those lines...

----------

File tmpDir = new File(System.getenv("TEMP"));

files = tmpDir.listFiles(new FilenameFilter() {

public boolean accept(File parentDir, String fileName) {

boolean nameMatches = fileName.startsWith("plugtmp");

if (nameMatches) {

File mp3File = new File(parentDir, fileName);

return !mp3File.isDirectory();

} else {

return false;

}

}

});

----------

1-b) Find this line (around line number 88 after the above is inserted)

----------

Long.parseLong(file.getName());

----------

... and replace it with this line...

----------

Long.parseLong(file.getName().substring(10));

----------

2) Save and compile the revised Mp3Processor.java file

3) In the same directory where the original pandora.jar and the src directory exist, create a new subdirectory called override and then inside that, create overrideutil

4) Copy Mp3Processor.class, Mp3Processor$1.class, and Mp3Processor$2.class into the overrideutil directory

5) Run pandora.jar with the following command

java -cp override;pandora.jar client.Client

Hopefully an official fix will be released soon and you won't have to do any of this... but if you just can't stand it being broken, and you know your way around a Java compiler, this seems to get it working again. Worked for me anyway.

BTW, I also thought it was pretty funny that the first song that Pandora played after I got the grabber fixed was a song recorded by a well known has-been thrash band. For those who missed that episode of the music download wars, read this... http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id374/pg1/