Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

Then it would appear that running from within a command window the environment variables differ. I think you list your environment variables under Windows using the 'set' command. Run 'set > file1.txt' from the command prompt, and run the same thing, outputting the data to file2.txt, using a batch script. Compare the contents of the 2 files. Maybe that'll tell you something.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok for the people who aren't familiar with HTML, where a couple of very small mods to change the default functionality. I did this becuase the pages keeps refershing every couple of hours. Not sure why, but this works around any problems. To make these changes just search for the first line and change the lines below to be what's supplied.

To set your last.fm username and password to be filled in for you:

<span style="font: 900 12px arial">   add track to last.fm:  </span>

user name: <input name="lastFmUserName" value="USERNAME" type="text" size="12"/>  

password: <input name="lastFmPassword" value="PASSWORD" type="password" size="12"/>

To have last.fm data default on:

<span class="bold">  Settings</span>  last.fm data 

<select name="lastFmData">

<option value="off">off</option>

<option selected value="on">on</option>

</select>

To have Cddb lookup default on:

cddb lookup:

<select name="cddb">

<option value="off">off</option>

<option selected value="on">on</option>

</select>

Yes I know in the first one your username and pass are in a plain text, but who's gonna read it? :wink:

One option is to try the new Pryhha Podcaster. It allows users of Pandora.com the ability to create pyrcasts (Pyrrha Podcasts) for when they are on the go. Additionally it uses a technique very different than similar software to communicate with Pandora.com. I recommend you check it out.

Thanks!

Pyrcast Online

http://pyrcast.com

I run OS X (10.4.6) and was a bit bummed that this thing didn't seemingly work with firefox or safari. So I got down and dirty with my rusty java skills (been a few years since I last worked with java) and was able to get it working with Safari. Everything seemingly works "out of the box", but would like it to be tested by others before i "release" it. If anyone out there using OS X who was unable to get this to work and would like to help me test please PM me or reply.

Major props to the original author. :D

Thanks!

irieb

Can we have a separate thread dealing with the development of the program (different versions, features under development, etc.)? Seems this thread has become particular to problems people are experiencing with the program - especially new users who are not reading previous post in this thread which may have solutions to their problems.

Thanks.

I've almost got a clean build to begin testing on OS X and start finding some bugs. I was able to get it to work in Firefox,Camino and Safari. I've been busy at work, and have a paper to write for class tonight. Hopefully I can put it up sometime tomorrow. Thanks to anyone who's already contacted me and expressed interest in testing it out. :D

Hey irieb - freaking awesome program here. I really can't say thanks enough.

Just a quick issue - I just created a Last FM account having never used it before. However Last FM seems to be having a problem with the information submitted by Pandoras Jar. My Last FM user page has this message:

Some tracks you submitted have not been added to your profile for the following reason:

Submissions from before the date you registered are not allowed.

Just though I'd let you know, other than that this program is kicking major ass.

I've seen this reported before and the stock reply has always been - "your PC's calendar need to be set correctly"

Sounds too obvious though... :?

That was the first thing I tried obviously :)

Turns out I was right, must be something with the fact that I had just created a Last FM account because after about a day it started working.

Thanks again for the help though.

I think I missed the party. I've just found this hack todaay but it failed to save mp3's. Logs returned:"INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - access file not found trying again after 1 sec" as of May 31st. Any help is highly appreciated.

Just wait and it will begin after a bit. It's just caching the next song too...

Thanks for your reply, but I have been trying this for at least 4 hours and the log keeps growing with the same error. "INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - access file not found trying again after 1 sec

"I tried both ports 8080 and 8085 . Pandora plays fine but the rest is only watching, even it reads "grabMp3() complete" on top 2nd row :/// Cruise control reads "fetching ID3 information and tagging MP3 for artist (A.I.) song (Bottoms Up)...." but it restarts when it skips to next song.

This is company network and we have firewall, do you think this may cause the problem?

This is company network and we have firewall, do you think this may cause the problem?

Nope.. did they move where the files are kept? looks like it cant find the mp3 file to rename.

for me it is currently

documents and settingsusernamelocal settingstempplugtmp-2

Just wait and it will begin after a bit. It's just caching the next song too...

Thanks for your reply, but I have been trying this for at least 4 hours and the log keeps growing with the same error. "INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - access file not found trying again after 1 sec

"I tried both ports 8080 and 8085 . Pandora plays fine but the rest is only watching, even it reads "grabMp3() complete" on top 2nd row :/// Cruise control reads "fetching ID3 information and tagging MP3 for artist (A.I.) song (Bottoms Up)...." but it restarts when it skips to next song.

Goban: same problem here, and it's since today. Further I believe the tempfiles in the plugtmp directory had a different naming convention before. They were named like chache-[x] ([x] being follow-up number) before. Now their names are long strings of numbers. Could this be the problem?

yep, i'm getting the access file thing, i've tried going to the folder they are stored in for me (plgtmp-19) and editing their names but its hard (i listen to usually vocaless trance). For example they have names such as "1055724520079114302" without an extension.

Hi I've been checking the source code but it seems that classes on enum package are note complete, theyre not really a class they try to be an enum but there are many things left.

Would you mind updating the source code on the zip file?

tanks,

PS: I'm just trying to check why I get so many "access file not found", I did it work once, but never again

Dunno how this amazing hack works, but if it's looking for files named as they were named before (cache-x), that might be the point where it goes wrong now.

If that's the problem it could maybe be fixable by checking new tempfiles by creation date, the newest being the one that just started playing in Pandora..