Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

i can't seem to get anywhere!

when i open pandoras jar it says that port 80 is in use....but i cant seem to get in and change it. i go inot start type cmd and at the prompt type java -jar pandora.jar but then i get unable to access jarfile pandora.jar, sorta new at all this but i'd love to have this work so any help spelled out very simple would help me

thanks look forward to hearing form you guys.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

This is a great hack!!

I installed it once from the directions at Tech-recipes and it kind of worked. Everything seemed fine except for the fact that the songs wouldn't play. I kept having to hit pause, then play again to get it to play. The songs were, however, downloaded to my computer and transmitted to Last.fm.

To remedy this I thought I might have the wrong version, so I uninstalled it and installed a new version from this thread.

Instead of anything working, I get this message:

"HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found Date: Sat May 27 15:12:07 EDT 2006 Content-Type: text/html Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=-1 server.Server: Pandoras Jar Connection: close file not found"

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks so much!

stacy

imasoldier

in the command window

use this commands:

2) gets u to the path of the installation

cd c:pathtotheinstalldir

3) run the app from the installation path

java -jar pandora.jar

4)open firefox - use this url

http://localhost

buddah333

take the same steps as above but in step 3 use this instead

java -jar pandora.jar 8085

step 4 use

http://localhost:8085

goodwillstacy

I would reboot and follow the steps above - the songs not playing sounds laike a pandora player issue - the player does tend to freeze up ever now and then - it normally comes back up quickly

hope this helps......

ok so i'm studip than shit.....i have downloaded the pandora.jar into a file c:/pandora....... what the hell do i do now, and what is cd?

just tell me what to do! tell me exactly what to type.......

in the command window

use this commands:

1) takes u back a dir

cd..

2) gets u to the path of the installation

cd path/to/the/install/dir

3) run the app from the installation path

java -jar pandora.jar

4)open firefox - use this url

http://localhost

sorry but none of this works......

dir cd?

cd/path/to/the/install/dir...WHAT?!

waht the heck are you saying!

Hi,

I did everything you suggested and still get this error:

"HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found Date: Sat May 27 16:01:58 EDT 2006 Content-Type: text/html Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=-1 server.Server: Pandoras Jar Connection: close file not found"

Thanks,

stacy

buddah333

edited - sorry i did forget a couple of steps :(

1) goto u'r start menu.

2) click run

3) a run window will come up

4) type: cmd

5) a black window should come up

6) type in: cd c:pandora

7) type in: java -jar pandora.jar 8085

8 ) open firefox

9) in the url (address) field type: http://localhost:8085

u should be up and running.......

goodwillstacy / imasoldier

not sure what is going on here - please send me u'r log files (pandorasJar.log) (irieb@mac.com) n we should be able to get to the bottom of this.

localhost connected to server.

Invalid request: radio/TUNER_IGNORE/v1?lid=2943494&method=audioDownloadCancelled

unable to rip MP3 null

Invalid request: radio/TUNER_IGNORE/v1?lid=2943494&method=audioDownloadCancelled

unable to rip MP3 null

unable to rip MP3 null

java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to rip MP3 null

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:96)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:67)

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that - by definition - someone who is hacking should be able to figure a couple of things out for themselves and certainly should know how to use a command prompt. I am by no means a computer whiz and I was able to figure it out by reading the posts. You people have incredible patience. If you've got to have a step-by-step recipe to get the thing working, you're not qualified to be running it. Flame out.

i'm thankful for all the help, and i'm really thankful for your insight! but when someone leaves out steps 2-4 it kinda takes a while before i can get the whole picture. geee one day i hope i grow up just like you......all the rest of us wanted was for someone to explain it step by step.....who know you could just read thru it after having not followed all the steps yourself and still get it right, man what a genius........and not speaking for everyone else that's having problems but i never said i was a hacker never wanted to be..... but its people like you who give the community the status of being complete closed minded assholes, so i'm greatful that irieb has helped me figure this out as well as all others you helped. But i'm most excited that someone of your weight and stature in the community deemed it necessary to chime in on the subject of newbies. oh by the way your break is over, time to start asking people " would you like freis with that"!

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that - by definition - someone who is hacking should be able to figure a couple of things out for themselves and certainly should know how to use a command prompt. I am by no means a computer whiz and I was able to figure it out by reading the posts. You people have incredible patience. If you've got to have a step-by-step recipe to get the thing working, you're not qualified to be running it. Flame out.

I think a lot of us were thinking the same :D

oh by the way your break is over, time to start asking people " would you like freis with that"!

It would scare you to know how much money I make. I had my say, let it be. If these people are willing to hold your hand, so be it.

does anybody know how to get around the inactive script pandora has where after awhile it stops playing music and a message comes up

"you seem to have stopped listening blah blah press this button if we are mistaken an we will restart your music"

i like to leave it on all night but so far 50% of the time that crap comes up =x

Hi, I downloaded this and everything is working great! Good job!

however, I'm having trouble submitting tracks to last.fm. whenever a track is submitted and I refresh my last.fm page, I get this message:

Some tracks you submitted have not been added to your profile for the following reason:

Spam protection triggered: You submitted a track dated earlier than your last submission.

I have no idea why it's doing this. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Some tracks you submitted have not been added to your profile for the following reason:

Spam protection triggered: You submitted a track dated earlier than your last submission.

I have no idea why it's doing this. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I had this a while back when the last.fm submission server went down. My list of tracks to submit was too long or something... Anyways, that Linux plugin for XMMS is a bit shoddy.

So, I just made a backup of the file that holds the backlog of songs to submit, restarted my player and it submitted its tracks nicely.

Then I took a chunk of that backed-up file, pasted it into the backlog file and restarted XMMS. This time I got this spam protection message. It discarded the older tracks I was trying to submit because since that time I managed to submit other tracks.

If you take a program like ethereal and see what is being sent (or check out the source for the Linux audioscrobbler plugin) you'll notice that it includes a field that describes the date and time a certain track was played. Any track you submit after then has to be with a time AFTER the one you last submitted.

Hopefully this gives you enough info to figure out what's going wrong.

I'm planning on taking a fine comb over this audioscrobbler plugin because every so often my XMMS player hangs during playing and it's starting to piss me off. :evil:

Great app!!

I finally got it to work using the port 8085 trick. I'm curious, though if there is a way to do all of the cmd prompt stuff through a batch file. When I first started using it, I did not have to add the parameters and I set up a batch file to fire everything up. Now that I have to use port 8085, I can't quite get the batch file to work right.

Here's what I have now (not working of course):

http://localhost:8085

java -jar G:Pandorapandora.jar 8085

Pandora is on my G: drive, and Firefox is my default browser. I've tried flipping the order of those two lines as well. It seems that the java portion does start up, but I get an "unable to connect" error page in Firefox. Call me lazy, but I'd like to get it started by simply using one icon...

Little help here?

Well, assuming the first line starts a browser (try changing it to 'firefox http://....'), it's supposed to connect to the server you start on the next line.

The problem you have is that you have to wait for java to start the server, which takes some time. And under Windows you can't but that task in the background using a batch script (if you can, someone please correct me) so you can't start the server, have the batch script sleep for a minute, and then kick in the browser.

The best solution is probably to make a quick static page with a link in it to localhost:8085 and start Firefox with that. Once firefox is started to a certain point the control will go back to the script and it can start the java process. When you see the java process is up and running, click the link on the static page to connect to this server.

Hope this helps.

What I have now is a the batch file with the above "java..." line only, and a shortcut on my locally saved start page to http://localhost:8085.

When I run it, the blue window and the cmd windows come up, but I get the same error message in Firefox. When I follow the directions for the port 8085 trick throught the cmd prompt, it works fine.

Long story short, it seems that the batch file is not starting the java correctly. The batch file will not start the localhost properly. Going throught the cmd steps outlined previously works fine, even launching the localhost from a link.

My brain hurts...