Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

2. It's the example configuration that went with the new version.

3. No I haven't seen a playlist, do I need to enable that?

well, the example config file (as I have it here) has the following line:

# create playlist with name by station name, if true, "playlist.filename=" is ignored. true by default.

playlist.filename.bystation=true

which mean it is on by default. please verify with your file.

you should see files with .m3u extension in the directory the jar runs from (not necessarily the directory the jar itself is in, depends how you run it)

Yes, I see it now.

But that doesn't help me :(.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how have you configured noscript?

for me it works only if:

1) scripts are globally blocked

2) scripts are enabled for localhost

I'm wondering why enabling scripts globally and then just blocking pandora.com won't work.

can anyone advise?

Thanks.

Have you looked at my answers?

info grabbing has not been improved in any way in CF7.

have you got any suggestions?

Well, before PJ worked for me, I used to record all songs with Replay Music.

Replay Music gave most of the song complete info, but I don't know how.

I think it just recognized the sound, and gave it info.

Maybe you can do something with that?

could you provide more info about that software "Replay Music".

Notice that there are a lot of mp3-tagging solutions out there, little apps that complete the id3 tag based on the artist/title. but for that the artist/title must be correct to begin with.

there are also apps that find out which song is which by analyzing what it sounds like (See http://musicbrainz.org/).

I'm working in the direction of being able to fetch info from pandora's backstage website. as the mp3 we're working with are all from there - that should be a good source for most of the info.

I'll also be working on improving cddb integration soon.

Hey there been using the jar for some time now and love it just thought of something that might improve it.

You may want to consider changing "songs before reload" into minutes before reload based of a timing system of some sort. By changing it to reload every 90 minutes instead of every 30 songs pandoras jar can recover from situations that stop the timeshifing process but don't actually "hang" the application, such as the md5 conditions, or when pandora brings down the service for a short period of time or other erroneous situations. Additionally the reload could be nested within a simple logic check to make sure it didn't interrupt the shifting process that may be occurring right around the 90 minute mark.

Just a thought, love the program.

~Monovitae~

apart from OCR-ing it out. which would be quite easy though quite a bit out of scope.

What's that?

OCR is optical character recognition. as the station info is obviously visible on screen - you can grab it using weak-AI techniques such as OCR.

that would be extremely dependent on the pandora UI not changing, plus a hell to debug. (not to mention write).

Just thought i would throw it out there since there is some difficulties with the info grabbing. I have been using FixTunes to autograb cd info and album art. it has a 50 song limit in the free version, but it can be uninstalled and reinstalled in under a minute. it works really well with itunes and i like that it runs in the background. other then that good work on an excellent program.

Hahaha :lol: . I used to do the same thing. Until I did a clean install, monitored the files, and realized the settings.dat is what stores how many songs have been fixed... The program WRITES to this file to store your data... You should be able to figure it out from there.

WAY too easy :twisted:...

I just finished work on a modification of Pandora's Jar. I know this creates splits and what not, but I had some stuff I wanted, and I put it in. I then figured I would share it. The standard stuff applies here. It's GPL. The codes included. So on.

You can download my version at http://www.filefactory.com/file/612a72/. Search for "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" and click it. Forgive me for the popups and ads.

What makes my version worth it?

- Changed the save format form Artist-Song.mp3 to Artist - Song.mp3. This is just my personal preference.

- Added pandora.db file. This file will store the filenames of all ripped files. When a song is going to be ripped, this file is checked. If it's found in there, it does not save it again. If it's not found, the song is ripped, and the pandora.db file is updated. I did this because I noticed that if I deleted a file, it might get re-ripped. This will stop that from happening. That's the good news. The bad news is that if a song gets ripped, but the album info wasn't found, and then it comes around again, it won't even bother to look for the album info. I've had it happen where the album info gets found on the second run.

- Added exclude.db file. This file, which must be updated manually, contains a list of artists you don't want to rip. Each artist get's its own line.

- Fixed the album art so it gets downloaded and saved with the mp3. It is saved in a temp directory, so it doesn't "clog" up your hard drive. This also fixes an issue when we can't get the album name from the CDDB. How do I get the album art without the album name? Pandora provides us with a URL to the album art. Gracenote provides us with the CDDB info. Sometimes Gracenote doesn't return the album, but we still have the art from Pandora.

- Added a preference to save the file in a directory with the artist's name.

- Added a preference to save the file in a directory with the station's name. Won't have any affect if you set it to NOT save it in the artist's name directory.

- Added a preference to use as a default genre.

- Made it use the Pandora Radio station name as the genre. It takes the part of the name before the " Radio" and makes that the genre. If, for example, you had a radio station called "Country Radio", the genre would be "Country". If this doesn't work, or you're listening to the QuickMix station, then it uses the default genre.

- This one won't be popular, I'm sure, but I needed to do it for me. Pandora is supported by ads. The ads pay the royalties. By not showing the ads, I think we're cheating them out of money they would get. I know that the ads are downloaded to my computer, but not shown because of the way the Pandora player is displayed, but I still feel bad. You use an ad supported site, you should display the ads. If you don't like this, you can change the skin from the default skin. That's the only one I did it to. Note that this does not slow anything down. The ads were being downloaded, but not shown. All I did was let them show.

- Probably some bugs, but I tried not to.

Comments, questions, whatever: pandorasjar@seidenmail.com

I just finished work on a modification of Pandora's Jar. I know this creates splits and what not, but I had some stuff I wanted, and I put it in. I then figured I would share it. The standard stuff applies here. It's GPL. The codes included. So on.

OOPS! I forgot to mention that you need to install the pandorajar.user.js Greasemonkey script in order for the background to look right on the default skin.