Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Discussed here

http://www.hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t...sc&start=15

the easiest fix is to use the NoScript Extension for firefox, and then enable scripts for localhost (using the dialogue at the bottom of the browser is easiest), but leave them disabled for pandora.com. Steps (thanks to rabidwonton):

(1) Install the NoScript Firefox addon from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/722/

(2) Run pandora.jar and open localhost

(3) click the options button in the dialogue that appears in the bottom of the browser.

(4) Click Allow localhost

(5) Wait for the refresh and enjoy

In addition to fixing pandora's jar, NoScript is also useful for blocking scripts from unfamliar sites, etc. I've posted this as a duplicate in the other discussion of this problem as well.

my latest version of 7.4.0-improved is here, (be sure not only to replace the jar but integrate the default.properties file, or just replace it if you don't need to keep any settings)

ftp://ftp.netvision.net.il/home/m/max1/la...3md5_opt-in.zip

bug reports are welcome! pm me if you have any questions.

Maybe it's just me but I can't get station or album directories to work. I either get unknown staion or unknown artist and it won't rip. I added a line after "example 3" in your default.properties file:

filename.format=/%s/%a/%b/%t

Seams as if it can not create a new directory if it doesn't already exist. i get these in the PJ as examples:

unable to rip MP3 mp3UNKNOWN STATIONPink FloydAnother Brick In The Wall, Part 2.mp3 (The system cannot find the path specified)

unable to rip MP3 mp3SpoonUNKNOWN ALBUMThe Delicate Place.mp3 (The system cannot find the path specified)

If I omit the station & album tags it works. What am I doing wrong??

Station and Album are replaced with UNKNOWN if no infor about station/album is found during the rip.

Since getting this types of info in pandora's jar is inherently 'unstable', I suggest you don't use it.

Personally - I've never been able to get either of them. using the 'noob' baseline of pandora's jar 7.4.0, so I can't really debug this...

were you able to get album/station info before?

I recommend waiting for my file-verification utility that will come out tomorrow if I have time this weekend. (worst case sometime next week). it will fetch album info from the web post-rip.

CF.

makes sense, when I was working on the latest version I suddenly started getting station info for songs, but it was always the same station (Which was the first on my list) no matter which station I was listening to. so I fixed it - by telling it not to set the station name if the "station ID" (by which the lookup for the station name was done) had length<1, this might put in some other kind of bug in some strange way, but at least it took the "wrongfully named station" but out.

The web pages that are used to retrieve that kind of data are ever-changing... and I guess it will remain buggy for ever... this is one of the reasons I'm writing this post-rip filename-and-tag-verification utility... keep your eyes open for new threads on the timeshifting forum...

So I'm running this latest 7.9.0 beta or something which calls itself 7.4.0.

Works great with Flashswicher and Noscript as suggested here, nice work! Somethimes the artist/title does not match the file but this is a rare issue, I can live with that.

I noticed that I have to enter my pandora username and set cruise control to "on" (whatever that setting means) to make the automatic ripping work.

What bothers me a little is that even when I click on "Save settings" after a restart I have to enter all those things again. Is there a "Load settings" that I missed? Should this work automatically?

I don't think you're running 7.9.0, sounds like you're running 7.4.0.

Settings are saved and loaded using cookies. I guess something blocks cookies from 'localhost' on your machine.

I recommend that you take a look at my latest build (be sure to read the changelog for explanation about bug-fixes and features available.)

it's available here [THIS VERSION IS NAMED 7.4.0 beta_CF3]:

ftp://ftp.netvision.net.il/home/m/max1/Pa...1229_0454am.zip

to 'install' it - replace your pandora.jar with the one in the zip, how to enable/use features is shown in the example properties file.

If you haven't changed anything in your default.properties file, you can just over-write it with the example one.

Thanks, I installed the new version.

Improvement: now the settings are stored properly

Drawback: It won't rip MP3s anymore :-(

The log file says

Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

Unfortunately I replaced the old jar with this one so I don't have a backup.

What was the version before your latest one? Can you point me to a download location?

@ColdFusion: Works excellently! Now I can save the files into subfolders without any problems!

@homebrew Hacks: If you get that message, just click on "grab this track". Then it should rip it. But that happend sometimes even with the last CF version on the first file to rip, it's not an error in CF3!

edit:

ok, just getting UNKNOWN STATION as foldername, but that seems to be the only prob for me by now!

Two updates: The settings storage really was a cookie problem on my side (deleting all cookies on closing the browser was set), sorry for that.

But the new version still doesn't rip. I'm still getting the String index out of range error. Clicking on "grab this track" doesn't help; the app hangs at "Fetching ID3 information and tagging MP3 for artist and song" and the java window says "unable to rip MP3 String index out of range: -1".

I found the old working version in a backup, it's from Dec-03.

With the old version still everything works.

Zoltan: please take a look at the old files that you ripped, do they have any station info? (you can see it in the logs).

should look something like this:

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:178) - adding param: [name: action value: 'grab']

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:178) - adding param: [name: artist value: 'The Police']

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:178) - adding param: [name: title value: 'Next To You (Live)']

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:178) - adding param: [name: album value: '']

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:178) - adding param: [name: genre value: '']

I suspect that the station info retrieval stopped functioning long before I even started working on pj... I haven't gotten around to fix it yet. I plan to do so in the post-rip-correction program I'm working on.

homebrew hacks: please post a few additional lines from the log, specifically the one with the .java filename and line number.

plus - could you send the "filename.format" line from your default.properties?

Thanks.

no, neither station nor album.

And no album image, which would be great to be reactivated in future versions if you find the time! Should be easier than filtering the tracks from the infosite, as there are not many img-tags and there are a view patterns which can be applied to the search of the string, like every string contains "/images/amazon", so that should be quite easy.

12-30@03:40:39 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - adding param: [name: action value: 'grab']

12-30@03:40:39 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - adding param: [name: artist value: 'Central Line']

12-30@03:40:39 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - adding param: [name: title value: 'Walking Into Sunshine']

12-30@03:40:39 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - adding param: [name: album value: '']

12-30@03:40:39 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - adding param: [name: genre value: '']

12-30@03:40:39 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - adding param: [name: comment value: 'ripped by [PaNDoRas jAR] your source for listening pleasure']

12-30@03:40:39 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - adding param: [name: year value: '']

12-30@03:40:39 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - adding param: [name: cruise value: 'off']

12-30@03:40:39 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - adding param: [name: albumImgLocaction value: '']

And I found out another thing:

The track "Walking Into Sunshine" is correctly ripped as Track 1.

But then there's another track, a remix, but the track is then saved as Track 16, which is the remix, not the actual song!

12-30@03:40:28 DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - ele: | 1. | Walking Into Sunshine |

12-30@03:40:28 DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - setting track: 1

12-30@03:40:28 DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - ele:

12-30@03:40:28 DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - ele: | 2. | I Need Your Love |

Love |

12-30@03:40:28 DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - ele: | 15. | Man At The Top |

12-30@03:40:28 DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - ele: | 16. | Walking Into Sunshine [Larry Levan Mix] |

12-30@03:40:28 DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - setting track: 16

Thanks so much for your work, ColdFusion!

Zoltan,

Don't thank me, I'm doing this out of totally selfish intentions ;-)

anyway - here's CF4:

ftp://ftp.netvision.net.il/home/m/max1/Pa...1229_0554pm.zip

the only change from CF3 released earlier today is the CDDB-song-number-mistag fix.

read more about it in the changelog.

Cheers for the debugging info you sent! I don't use CDDB at all...

CF.

Here is the full error code. If it's of interest: I'm running Java 6.

12-30@18:59:00 INFO Thread-2 util.Util - SongInfo{album='null', artist='The Alan Parsons Project', title='Damned If I Do', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null', notag_md5='&lt;somenumber&gt;'}

12-30@18:59:00 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)

at util.Util.createSongHierarchy(Util.java:106)

at util.Mp3Processor.getDestinationFile(Mp3Processor.java:334)

at util.Mp3Processor.saveMP3(Mp3Processor.java:300)

at servlet.ProcessAction.handleMP3Request(ProcessAction.java:91)

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:110)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)

12-30@18:59:00 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3 String index out of range: -1

Yes, this seems to work, thanks.

Two more things: I have this in my default.properties

mp3.archive.path=D:/saved_mp3/

filename.format=/%a - %t

This leads to files like this:

D:/saved_mp3/mp3/Artist - title.mp3

Where does the part "mp3" come from? Is it hardcoded?

I tried to avoid this and played around, so I set filename.format to "/%s/%a - %t".

Now instead of

D:/saved_mp3/mp3/&lt;stationname&gt;/Artist - title.mp3

or

D:/saved_mp3/&lt;stationname&gt;/Artist - title.mp3

I get the error message

"unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser".

I thought %s is supposed to be the name of the Pandora station I'm ripping from, not so?

1) if the first file does not rip - your internet connection is too slow. the file does not finish downloading within the 15 seconds the "cruise control" gives it.

2) if no station name was detected, it is replaced by "UNKNOWN STATION". If you have better suggestions - let me know.

The station detection code is not something I wrote - and has never worked for me. if you know how to find out which station is currently playing - let me know.

It's very easy to get the currently playing station:

http://www.pandora.com/people/<yourpandorausername>

on the left there is a box "Now Listening to <StationName>"

And I wonder why Album image and album title are not (longer) working, as you get the album title on the page where you get the track number and there's as well an img-tag with the amazon albumcover!

I think you can by just editing mp3.archive.path!

Or is the mp3 folder still created when you set the mp3.archive.path to something else than default? Never tested that...

An the thing with the stations can easily be read out and I'm sure ColdFusion will implement that in one of his future releases!

first you will have to get the album name from the page of the song, let's say Imagine by John Lennon.

http://www.pandora.com/music/album/df76c3f0b1f31a24

And there you have the image on the page, just filter the correct img-url and you can download the image. the function to add it should still be integrated from the old versions where it worked!

you can filter the album-link from the song page just as you get the list of songs to receive the track number.