Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing you can do, that doesn't even require Pandora's Jar or Firefox, though you will have to have Flash 8 - just go into your temp folder, and rename plugtmp-1-1 or whatever, to Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused.mp3 (or what have you.) The files are already mp3 files - the only thing Pandora's Jar does is rename them and move them, which might be easier for n00bs to do manually.

And pandora.jar ID3 tags the mp3 files too doesn't it? I've never bothered to manually rename a plugtmp- file to see if the ID3 tags are intact.

Anyway has anyone got an up-to-date version which send the correct timestamp to last.fm yet?

I'm still using 7.3.1 ...

Ok so my whole process was messed up try to grab a song kept getting the same song over and over again, so i'm reading through here some similar probs but i found the folder everyone is talking about and just renamed the file "XXX-random.numbers_XXX.file" to XXX-random.numbers_XXX.mp3.

And she plays i suppose it might not be the greatest thing but for my purposes i can get music again the id-tags where jacked from the beginning so renaming isn't my the issue not getting music was the problem. let me know if that's something new or worth while....

Looks like they may have made some changes to where the artist song information is kept - i received a message that my player was out of date and then reloaded. Now it says unable to locate song/track information...

Anyone else experiencing this? I checked it's still flash 8...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I've been using php&javascript for a long time, just started learning jave a while ago.

I have a few things I'd like to say, and in the future contribute to this project.

______1______

I've been having trouble with it updating to my last.fm account, so I decided to add javascript to the grabber, so (regardless of whether or not the song has already been downloaded), it makes a cookie for current song title, artist name, hopefully soon album name, and album cover url.

Album cover isn't working, Im guessing pandora updated the code recently.

I made a script that reads the cookies, and submits the info to a database. It uses that to generate a sig live, about current song&artist, whether or not im playing music live (otherwise it says Last played instead of Now playing), etc. Pretty basic, but independant of last.fm. In the future when album cover url, I'm gonna have it put the current album cover into my sig :P, will look nice.

______2______

When I get my java compiler up and running, im thinking about making something that when in "super mode", it sets page refresh rate to 6, but automatically registers new pandora accounts and logs you in (changes cookie, so when page refreases, pandora reloads, and uses the new authenticaton cookie). This allows you to (after it says "mp3 tagged and saved) press next song, so it downloads lots of songs fast (for a friend or something with a different taste in music than you normally download)

Great project guys, thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got version 7.4 working fine, as far as copying the mp3s. However, whenever I load Pandora's Jar in Firefox, the Flash player that contains the actual Pandora app shifts up and to the left. Anybody else having this problem? Is there a fix for it? I'm running Firefox 2.0 and Java J2SE Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_06-b05).

pandora_shift.jpg

[Edit] Just updated to J2SE Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_09-b03), and still getting the problem. Is this maybe a Firefox 2.0 thing? There must be something odd about my particular setup. I can't imagine that this is just the way Pandora's Jar is, and nobody's fixed it yet.

version 7.4.0 has a bug that ignores everything after the & sign in case there is such a sign in the song/artist.

here's my suggested solution - let me know what you think.

replace getRequestParameters in Server.java with the following implementation:

http://www.achituv.com/ampersandbugfix740.txt

for those of you who want a quick fix - you can replace your pandora.jar with this one: http://www.achituv.com/pandora.jar (this is 7.4.0 patched with the above code)

I've got version 7.4 working fine, as far as copying the mp3s. However, whenever I load Pandora's Jar in Firefox, the Flash player that contains the actual Pandora app shifts up and to the left. Anybody else having this problem? Is there a fix for it? I'm running Firefox 2.0 and Java J2SE Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_06-b05).

pandora_shift.jpg

[Edit] Just updated to J2SE Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_09-b03), and still getting the problem. Is this maybe a Firefox 2.0 thing? There must be something odd about my particular setup. I can't imagine that this is just the way Pandora's Jar is, and nobody's fixed it yet.

I installed the NoScript FF extension and I do not allow javascript for pandora.com. This fixed the problem for me.

Brilliant app this is. 8)

My request for the next version if there will be another ver, would be to have an "Mp3 Folder Size" setting. Optional of course, if you want them all in one folder, you can do that too.

Example - When Mp3 folder becomes xxx MB in size, create MP3#2 folder until MP3#2 folder becomes xxx MB in size, then create MP3#3 folder until xxxMB in size ect.

For those of us with smaller mp3 players (mines only 256 mb..), it would save a lot of hassle having to make sure we dont have too many mp3's a folder.

Just a suggestion, but for me (and maybe a few others?), it would help a lot.

Anyway, nice work, thanks for sharing. :D

Thanks for looking at this guys, I'm trying to install pandora and I can't able to launch the jar file, I'm getting this error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lo

gging/LogFactory

at client.Client.<clinit>(Client.java:19)

My java version is 1.5.0_10

It seems I'm having problems too. Nothing I do will get it working., I'm running latest java, using Flash player 7 and 8 (tried both with flash switcher). I get no error messages. Everything just stalls on "Fetching ID3 Information" and does nothing.

Hey guys,

I'm working on two new features,

1) create playlist files, by a "station name" parameter that will be manually settable from the webpage (so even when I save all the mp3s in one big mp3 directory, I could still play "same genre" music simply by playing a playlist.

2) integrate a mechanism to choose the artist/title based on "votes" by all pandora's-jar users, to improve the integrity of the resulting mp3-collection.

I currently have working versions for both features, but not with all steps complete, I am creating a single playlist configurable from the properties file instead of the web-page, and the voting mechanism is for a single-user and not a centralized db - which is good, but not as great as one centralized DB..

If anyone wished to have a sneak-peak or to help with the development, let me know!

I changed the file location. These are the contents of my default.properties

#uncomment the following line to set your preferred storage dir

# NOTE:  Forward Slashes!!

#mp3.archive.path=H:/pandora/mp3/

mp3.retry.count=10

Yes even after I stop the application, close browser and restart the computer... It is still saving to C:/pandora/mp3/ I am using the rusie control option.

I am starting the app via pandora.bat

What makes the app have to use flash 8 instead of 9? I would like to go back to 9 since so many sites (youtube google etc) will not let you view content without it.

I changed the file location. These are the contents of my default.properties

#uncomment the following line to set your preferred storage dir

# NOTE:  Forward Slashes!!

#mp3.archive.path=H:/pandora/mp3/

mp3.retry.count=10

Remove the hash (#) from the beginning of the line...

Also, it does re-rip files that are already ripped (we're talking 7.4.0, right?)

I'm working on an improvement - as you can see above.

Whom ever wants to try out my new build - download this file:

ftp://ftp.netvision.net.il/home/m/max1/Pa...bversion2.0.jar

and rename it to "pandora.jar" to replace your current pandora.jar.

you will see two new files after the first rip, first:

defaultPlaylist.m3u - a playlist with all the songs you are recording, by order naturally.

you can change the file name, to "TheCorrsRadio.m3u" for example, by adding the following value to default.properties:

playlist.filename=TheCorrsRadio.m3u

notice that there is no restart required...

also notice that the playlist is appended... you can change between two stations - and each time change the m3u name, and thus each station will accumulate on it's own file. I'm working on making this changeable from the on-line gui

and the second file is: md5_tabseperated.txt, this file is the database (tab seperated for readability in Excel) this file is being used to insure correctness over a LONG execution (it does save the DB from execution to execution). this is a prototype and will soon be turned into a centralized-shared DB that will make sure no files will be saved with incorrect names - and even enable correction of incorrectly named files.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.