Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

Guest t3chn0b0y

Okay when creating the jar i installed the latest version of

ant, and the latest version of java & installed version 7.2 as indicated in previous posts then i set path as following

set ANT_HOME=c:ant

set JAVA_HOME=C:Program FilesJavajdk1.5.0_07

set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%bin

i go into the pandora folder c:pandora

and say ant pandora .. it goes through the process of

creating the jar.. but the jar size ends up around 90kb

what am i doing wrong here? if i load it up say using winrar

and compare the two jars there is alot missing from my compilation?

and when ran the screen is all truncated in a tiny little box..

any help would be appreciated .. thanks in advance... :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i use the save function, instead of creating files in f:mp3s, it created them in e:downloadsmp3fmp3s... what have i missed?

See the N00bs guide and look for the part where you EDIT THE default.properties

had that one coming lol, thanks

but the jar size ends up around 90kb.

what am i doing wrong here?

So far nothing. Best I can tell around 90 kb is what it should be.

if i load it up say using winrar

and compare the two jars there is alot missing from my compilation?

The command jar tf [jarfile] > listing.txt will dump a listing of the contents of the jar file into the listing.txt file. Could you do that for both jar files and tell us which files are missing?

That I've seen happen aswell however I have no explanation for it. In client/Client.java you see several sizes being mentioned that all look sane to me. The only suggestion that I can think of is to change line 63 from this:

this.setResizable(false);

to this:

this.setResizable(true);

So you can at least size it back to what you want it to be.

Guest t3chn0b0y
That I've seen happen aswell however I have no explanation for it. In client/Client.java you see several sizes being mentioned that all look sane to me. The only suggestion that I can think of is to change line 63 from this:

this.setResizable(false);

to this:

this.setResizable(true);

So you can at least size it back to what you want it to be.

okay, a better explanation of what is happening is the pandora window

is squeeshed in the corner only a small part of the station information is showing.. and there is no skin/theme for the rest of it

everything ends up just black and white.

okay, a better explanation of what is happening is the pandora window

is squeeshed in the corner only a small part of the station information is showing.. and there is no skin/theme for the rest of it

everything ends up just black and white.

Ah that one I understand. I means It cannot find the css file for that skin.

Most likely your pandoraGrabber.html file was replaced with an older one or your skins folder isn't where it expects it to be. Look in your pandorGrabber.html file and find the lin[es]:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/skins/default/css/pandorajar.css" title='default'>

<link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/skins/hak5/css/pandorajar.css" title='hak5'>

<link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/skins/milky/css/pandorajar.css" title='milky'>

And make sure that the CSS file is located at /skins/{skinname}/css/pandorajar.css

Did this fix it?

Guest t3chn0b0y

Problem figured out... its in the Src, enums.. there is no file association to CSS in the code.. so when i compiled the skins wouldnt load up in 7.2

filestype.java:

package enums;

import java.util.*;

public enum FileType {

JPEG,JPG,GIF,MP3,ZIP,HTML,JS,SWF

}

filestype.java.bak:

package enums;

public enum FileType {

JPEG,JPG,GIF,MP3,ZIP,HTML,JS,SWF

}

I simply appended ,CSS to the end of the SWF and recompiled

and the problem is fixed...

Guest t3chn0b0y
You need to change the pandora.jar for that.

In the sources look at the src/util/Util.java file.

Starting from line 108 it reads:

mp3Dir = new File(archiveDir, "mp3");

}

else {

mp3Dir = new File("mp3");

And if you change 'mp3' to '.' (a string containing a single dot) the mp3 part of the directory should be discarded.

It can (and should) be done cleaner (by removing all uses of mp3Dir and then renaming all uses of archiveDir to mp3Dir), but this will get you where you want with the least amount of work.

Wow the "." does work, and looking it over it doesn't look like it would

be too hard to clean up... thanx for the tip... :D

Problem figured out... its in the Src, enums.. there is no file association to CSS in the code.. so when i compiled the skins wouldnt load up in 7.2

I simply appended ,CSS to the end of the SWF and recompiled

and the problem is fixed...

Somone must have fixed that along the way without updating the Src files. cause mine (which is right out of the box) works fine.

While you are in there t3chn0b0y someone seems to have removed the part of pandora's jar that uses the pandor username to find the station name and they changed the username field in pandoraGrabber.html to be used as a directory name between the archiveDirectory and the "mp3" part. [note: in my out-of-the-box 7.2 that is]

Can you restore the stationName lookup and use another field name for the 'Save Directory' (like oh...i dunno SaveDirectory perhaps?) and put that

where the 'mp3' was?

Can we add another field to default.properties that defines the way the files are saved?

mp3.archive.path=C:/Pandora/Music

tmp.mp3.retry.count=20

mp3.filename.pattern=/{station}/{artist}/{album}/{track} - {songtitle}.mp3

Just an idea. Use a regular expression or a find/substitute to replace the variable names with the pattern.

Just thinking.

Guest t3chn0b0y

I take it there is no copies of the original code floating around

in here when the feature was first added, or before it was removed? :x

I was just thinking it might be something to compare too.. okay...

getting out the energy drinks, and starting a pot of coffee... if you notice me pulling out my hair and grinding my teeth you'll know what happened

as the men in white suits come walking up to the door to put me in a straight jacket & padded room...

Well, I still have beta 3b and beta 4, both of which include full sources for the java part.

Rather than a path and a filename pattern, I'd combine the two:

mp3.destination=c:/whatever/%STATION%/%ARTIST%/%ALBUM%/%TRACK%. %TITLE%.mp3

And as for changes to default.properties, I'd think it would be better if we ditched that and let the front-end (and thus, the user) supply that info. I'm sure there's some room for such a field on the website, right?

There's plenty of room in settings for that, and I have every version from 3b to 7.2 on http://wildandbad.com/article/pandoras-jar

I just don't do java. Although I've looked at the code and it seems pretty clear what it does and how it does it, so I've been tempted to try my hand at some java programming. Maybe soon.

Version Alpha 7 was the last time I remember seeing the 'station' code.

There's plenty of room in settings for that, and I have every version from 3b to 7.2 on http://wildandbad.com/article/pandoras-jar

I just don't do java. Although I've looked at the code and it seems pretty clear what it does and how it does it, so I've been tempted to try my hand at some java programming. Maybe soon.

im the same way with scripting. i can just make things look pretty. making them work, thats another story...

speaking of pretty, i made my first icon in 2 years... a new winamp icon...

check it out

winamp_AGAIN_by_l0ki.jpg

Guest t3chn0b0y

Im a bit rusty on my java.. it's been awhile so im having to look things up and pull out my old books. i made 1 nice mistake last night, got alot of gibberish code in the file names... lol...

Guest t3chn0b0y
Pandora is now using Mozilla's Memory to store the songs, so it looks like a Firefox Plugin is needed.

Ive been grabbin' all day and haven't had 1 encounter.. and all last night without any update... Other then when i was tweakin on the code, and caffiene :D

Guest t3chn0b0y

hmm just realized something, when i reload pandor box and i was using a skin during the previous load im back to the default... isn't there some means of making milky or hak5 the default, for the next reload ... I also noticed another little feature im not seeing anymore the ability to put the station name in the comment field..

OK, I did a search on th forum and couldn't find anyone who seems to be having the same problem, hopefully I do a good job of explaining what's happening.

I can load/run Pandora's Jar and everything works correctly until I try and grap the .MP3 then I get a bunch of "garbage" in the debug window (see sample below)

DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - processing request with action: grab

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - handling mp3 request

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - locating mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - 

***processing directory: Temp***

***processing directory: hsperfdata_Scott***

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1ScottLOCALS~1Temphsperfdata_Scott1488 marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: 1488 - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - no more mp3 found in dir

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file jusched.log is not an mp3

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - Mp3 file was not located retrying after 1 second. loop count: 1

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1ScottLOCALS~1Temphsperfdata_Scott1488 marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: 1488 - will continue to next file

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - Mp3 file was not located retrying after 1 second. loop count: 2

Default Properties;

#uncomment the following line to set your preferred storage dir - u can change at at runtime if u want

mp3.archive.path=C:/mp3

tmp.mp3.retry.count=20

I am currently running the following;

Pandora's Jar ver 7.2 beta

Firefox 1.5.0.4

Shockwave/Flash - flash8a.ocx

Is it the versions of Firefox and/or Shockwave that I'm using or am I doing something wrong?[/code]

OK, I did a search on th forum and couldn't find anyone who seems to be having the same problem, hopefully I do a good job of explaining what's happening.

I'm having the exact same problem, running 7.2, firefox 1.5.0.4, and Flash 9. It is going to my c:documents and settingsUSERLocal SettingsTemp and looking for MP3s there, but it is not finding anything after a few loops.

Not sure where it should be looking, if this is even the right place, but you're not alone, heh.

Guest t3chn0b0y
OK' date=' I did a search on th forum and couldn't find anyone who seems to be having the same problem, hopefully I do a good job of explaining what's happening.[/quote']

Im running the lastest firefox,flash & pandor's box without any problems like that... I know from past experience mp3's wouldn't download if the flash wasn't set to unlimited space to store files. by right clicking on an album cover in pandora radio you can select setting and then click the folder icon and adjust the amount of space.. though i don't know if this is irrelivent <sp> anymore.. but then i was using opera browser, and just manually renaming all the tmp files one by one and copying them into a subfolder by station name,running a little script i made in perl to clean up & tag etc..

I run a program called CCleaner to remove any debree laying around that might cause file names to mess up from time to time, but then i have to type all the data back into pador's box.

Do you clean up your cache???

Im running the lastest firefox,flash & pandor's box without any problems like that... I know from past experience mp3's wouldn't download if the flash wasn't set to unlimited space to store files.

Tried that, same reults. I've cleaned out the windows/IE/Firefox caches, and am still getting the same reults. There is simply nothing new being created under the %TEMP% directory, and that is where the jar is looking for MP3s.

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1jakeLOCALS~1TempPerflib_Perfdata_b4.dat marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: Perflib_Perfdata_b4.dat - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1jakeLOCALS~1TempPerflib_Perfdata_674.dat marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: Perflib_Perfdata_674.dat - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1jakeLOCALS~1TempPerflib_Perfdata_1f8.dat marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: Perflib_Perfdata_1f8.dat - will continue to next file

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3

java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentTmpMp3(Mp3Processor.java:59)

at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentMP3(Mp3Processor.java:25)

at servlet.ProcessAction.handleMP3Request(ProcessAction.java:30)

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:110)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

[/code]

Guest t3chn0b0y
Same here.

Firefox 1504 + jar 7.2.

MP3s are not located/created at %TEMP% [ = c:/temp ] and I get the error in the log file :

unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser .

Help !!!

c:documents and settings%USER NAME%local settingstemp

c:documents and settings%USER NAME%local settingstempplugtmp

for me.. and they are there..

Guest t3chn0b0y

think im going to go and install linux on a spare drive and

see if i can't get it up and going from there... has anyone

played around with Linux and pandor's box? :P "wishing he

has a mac mini to play around with instead" :D