Chinese Characters in PHP forms

digip

I installed the Cyberbit fonts so I could see the glyphs on chinese pages and be able to copy and past them properly.

I see them in the Address bar for URLS and all is working fine, but hen I try to use it with a form in PHP it does not interpret the data properly. It returnes the data I put in, and can redisplay the output on the screen, but when doing thigns with the URL, like trying to pull headers off pages, etc, it gets an error and URL not found, meaning it does not pass the characters properly when doing certain functions in PHP. Is this a limitation to PHP or is there something I need to do or turn on to get it to work properly.

unfortunately php isn't very good with utf-8 (or utf-16, utf-24, or utf-32 for that matter ;))

some functions are unicode aware but not all.

this page seems to be a good resource on how to make php and mysql not puke when they encounter multi-byte characters.

unfortunately php isn't very good with utf-8 (or utf-16, utf-24, or utf-32 for that matter ;))

some functions are unicode aware but not all.

this page seems to be a good resource on how to make php and mysql not puke when they encounter multi-byte characters.

Thanks, I'll give it a look...