Torrents

infamous

hey i just came across downloading stuff off bit torrent but im having truoble becasue the do not start downlaoding on bit torrent i dont kno if its just me or if i am doing something wrong wat is it and sry if i come acroos as looking likea total idiot because i dont kno wat im doing. someone plz help or tell me wat i can do

No it isn't just you, Bittorrent doesn't actually let anyone download anything nor was it designed to. It's just a big joke everyone is participating in to make you look silly by believing that it's possible to download stuff with it.

"HELP I HAVE NOT READ TFM AND HAVE NOT DONE ANY SETUP BEYOND CLICKING INSTALL IS THIS MICROSHAFTS FAULT AND WHY IS MY CAT LOOKING AT ME FUNNY I FED IT LAST WEEK ANYWAY I SHOULD GO READ THE MANUAL NOW"

(*sigh*)

You're probably behind a proxy or router of some sort. You using ADSL perhaps?

Read the documentation at the links Vako posted. In there you'll find what ports Bittorrent uses. Then go into the proxy or router and tell it that any connection attempts made on that range of ports should be forwarded to your machine. The section in the proxy where you should be able to find this is called NAT (Network Address Translation).

If this is too complicated for you, you should either read up on the manual that came with the router, using Wikipedia to explain the big words and using google to find more info if you feel you need to, or ask your ISP to help you figure this one out (they, unlike us, know what make/model router you're using and how to configure it), or else just forget about bittorrent altogether.

I kind of regret making sarcastic comments now, because it seems to unleashed a torrent (see what I did there?) of meaness. Except from Cooper, who is obviously much better than the rest of us.

wow all im gunna say is u guys r pretty mcuh the biggest fags ever man ask a simple question and u turn it into shit man fucking losers these days spend all their time on computers cant answer one simple question. all i have to say is u guys r cool............. FUCKING LOSERS