help : new archos 605 wifi 30GB

DLSS

for x-mas i got a new archos 605 wifi 30GB

unfortunatelly currently windows (xp x64) only see's it as a portable device and only lets me sync it thru wmp.

essentially it has just a hard drive inside, and my previous pmp would just be seen as an external hdd .

now my question :

how do i get windows to just see it as an external hdd ?

(so i can get past a lot of problems)

ps : vista is even more fucked up , it does show it in explorer as a portable device and once u click on that in vista it shows it as an external hdd inside it)

xp x64 just doesn't show it in explorer

also this should be possible as is , reading the widget instructions (see point 2) :

How to install widgets?

1. Save the widgets

Save widgets file (type .aos) to a convenient place on your PC, such as the desktop.

2. Connect your Archos device to your computer

Using the ARCHOS USB cable, plug your Archos device into your computer and connect in "PC Hard Drive Mode". Double click to open the Archos 'hard drive' (your Computer sees the Archos device as if it were an external hard drive).

3. Copy the widgets onto the Archos.

Copy and paste the widgets onto the Archos device, but not into any specific folder (this is called the root level).

4. Activate the widgets.

Safely disconnect your ARCHOS device from the computer:

On Windows PC, click on the green disconnect arrow icon located in the system tray (lower right corner of the screen) and select “safely remove USB device”

On Mac OS, just drag the drive icon to the trash can.

Then unplug the USB cable.

Your ARCHOS device will automatically start the update. This will take about a minute. You will be asked to plug the USB cable in order to power your device duing update process. Do not remove it : it could potentially harm your device.

however i dont get this option and its not visible in explorer.

36144923.png

I made it in Photoshop. Including the deport pedro part....Stock image on Google images somwehre, just search for napolean dynamite and lucky.

too much free time ?

This from someone who posts on Christmas...like half the regulars on here, no one can put down a keyboard for longer than 24hours to leave the hak5 forums alone and enjoy their holiday. :sad: Oh the huge-man-a-tee...we are all such geeks.....

And yes, I have too much free time, considering I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas night and only slept a fe whours in between, I still managed to get a few posts in as well as time to make the Napolean Dynamit pic...

Do people really utilize their free time to the fullest, or do they just squander the hours away when instead they could be used to post funny pictures....

too much free time ?

This from someone who posts on Christmas...like half the regulars on here, no one can put down a keyboard for longer than 24hours to leave the hak5 forums alone and enjoy their holiday. :sad: Oh the huge-man-a-tee...we are all such geeks.....

And yes, I have too much free time, considering I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas night and only slept a fe whours in between, I still managed to get a few posts in as well as time to make the Napolean Dynamit pic...

Do people really utilize their free time to the fullest, or do they just squander the hours away when instead they could be used to post funny pictures....

yeah ^^

short answer : squander &  pr0n ².O