I wanna crack "My" WEP

iyeman

I am currently in the process of making a Boosted Wireless Antenna with an Old Primestar Satellite Dish. Examples can be found here: http://www.usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/ What I need to finish the project is some help on how to crack WEP, Programs, and Tips. I will be using windows XP as it is a company laptop so i cant load Linux on it :(

/Gets ready for the Newb Flaming.

Thanks in advance'

Iyeman

follow the toms hardware review along with it... they give out the site when they talk about it. You should probably just watch the episode once to get the jist of it and then follow toms guide.

I am currently in the process of making a Boosted Wireless Antenna with an Old Primestar Satellite Dish. Examples can be found here: http://www.usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/ What I need to finish the project is some help on how to crack WEP, Programs, and Tips. I will be using windows XP as it is a company laptop so i cant load Linux on it

If the laptop has a cd-drive then you can load a LIVEcd of linux and use that for whatever you want to do. My suggestion would be Knoppix-std but here's a link where you can find many more and decide which one would work best for you:

http://www.darknet.org.uk/2006/03/10-best-...nsics-recovery/

Why would you want to crack your own WEP? That makes no sense.

to broaden your horizons, to gain experience, for educational purposes.

Ah, that must be why he needs a boosted wireless antenna as well, so he can crack his own WEP from far away from his house, say from his car.

Edit;

Because it's the only one you're ALLOWED to crack.

You could crack a friend's wireless network if they gave you permission. Actually that might be illegal in the US under the DMCA. In fact it might be illegal to crack your own WEP under the DMCA, anyone know?

First off you need to know what chipset your wireless card is. Atheros or Prism2.5 is ideal, but Ralink will work too. Otherwise you're SOL. Also a working Linux harddrive install would probaly be good. LiveCDs are okay, but don't allow for driver patching.

After that I suggest checking out http://aircrack-ng.org . They have some driver patches that will make your process a whole lot easier.

After you get your drivers patched and whatnot, it's a simple process of downloading the aircrack-ng sources, making them, then messing around with aireplay-ng till you get injection working

The scary thing here is that your company is using WEP. That's pretty much equivilent to not using encryption at all. Set up WPA2, or at least WPA.

Not really because it is my personal home network and I live out in the woods....Only way someones getting on my network is if they come down my driveway(Which is about 2/3's of a mile long) or they have an ATV to go into the woods LOL.

I have a zydas usb wifi chipset, and cant figure out which one, becauses the stupid thing was $2.99 at compusa. Pretty good for an 802.11g stick.

I was wondering if there are any drivers know to work with ZyDas chipsets for airsnort/aircrack. I have Fedora Core 5 installed, so I am fully able to install the drivers.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks