Best pen-tesing distro?

Mr_Mischif

I had been using nUbuntu, but while waiting for them to make a new CD their domain expired three days ago, so that's out. Now I'm looking for something new. I had heard about some, like PHLAK or Backtrack or Whoppix or Knoppix STD, but I had never really used them, but I bet a few of you have. So, by a show of hands, what do you think is the best pen-tester?

nUbuntu.

nUbuntu phails because the dev team dropped the project making them suck teh cock

once the next version comes out the dev team can stop the cock suckerage

I wouldn't make such slanderous comments, said dev team may feel the need to take you to court.

you mean libelous it's in writing slander is spoken

take me to court then I'd welcome the experance... keep in mind you have to show damages

I had backtrack 2 for my laptop as a live cd and it works with my Wireless, which is hard since it is the only Linux distro I have found that works with the built in Broadcom wireless card in my laptop. If 3 is any better than 2, I would check it out, as 2 was pretty stable and Kismet and Wireless Wireshark worked pretty well for me, even if I do not know how to use Linux that well, it was easy enough to work through.

offtopic:: I love your avatar! width=86 height=100http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=548;type=avatar[/img]

Goes good with my tin foil hat...

digip:  It's my face MS Paint'd onto some weird guy.. lol.  We have a dude at work who does nothing but paste peoples' faces onto weird pictures all day long.

Did you see the one I did of you guys the other day? http://forums.hak5.org/index.php/topic,541...1.html#msg83581

If you have to use one then the Beta of Backtrack 3 is the only one worth using as it's the newest. You really should do an install of whatever you like whether that be BSD or Linux and then install the latest versions of everything and keep updating them, live discs suck balls. You can get a lot of stuff to compile on OS X if you want to use that and if you can't/ don't know how to compile from source then you shouldn't be thinking about pen-testing.

digip:  It's my face MS Paint'd onto some weird guy.. lol.  We have a dude at work who does nothing but paste peoples' faces onto weird pictures all day long.

Did you see the one I did of you guys the other day? http://forums.hak5.org/index.php/topic,541...1.html#msg83581

Yeah we all saw it right after we did the live show at the ECL.  I almost fell over laughing, awesome work man!