Cookie Reading

digip

I know you can call from the address bar your current cookie for the site your viewing. Using the code:

java script:alert(unescape(document.cookie));

or

java script:document.write(unescape(document.cookie));

In your browsers address bar gives you yoru current cookie contents.

My question is, instead of just writing or alerting it onto the screen, can you set its entire contents to a string variable with a similar method but called from within the page, not when entered into the address bar?

I know you can call from the address bar your current cookie for the site your viewing. Using the code:

java script:alert(unescape(document.cookie));

or

java script:document.write(unescape(document.cookie));

In your browsers address bar gives you yoru current cookie contents.

My question is, instead of just writing or alerting it onto the screen, can you set its entire contents to a string variable with a similar method but called from within the page, not when entered into the address bar?

Well I am sure it is possible, just like you are sending it as a alert to pop up on your screen I am sure its value may be set to a specific string.

I am sorry I do not know jscript, I hope I at least helped.

Isn't there a webdev plugin for FireFox that will for instance show you the hidden fields of a page as editable entry fields and such? Maybe it has a way to fiddle with cookies aswell.

I have no personal experience with any of this though.

Isn't there a webdev plugin for FireFox that will for instance show you the hidden fields of a page as editable entry fields and such? Maybe it has a way to fiddle with cookies aswell.

I have no personal experience with any of this though.

Tamper data perhaps? Don't think it does cookies. You would have to use some thing like Add N Edit Cookies for that.

My mistake, Tamper Data does allow you to change cookie data as it's sent.