Batch Script To Set Windows Vista To No GUI Mode?

hsncorrosion

idk, anyway i need a script (I have Vista home basic and it does have cmd)

It doesnt really exist... ur best bet would be to use Recovery Consol. And umm, the question is now y the hell dont u want a GUI on ur Vista install? what ur saying is like just stupid, if u want no gui, install DOS, if u want a challenge install BSD / Linux.

The mode enables the bootscreen, I can do it easily from msconfig but would like a batch script to do it as my friends are much less computer savey than me and thats saying something with all the questions I ask here. So can ya help me out?

EDIT

I thought you guys would know this by now, vista has been out a while.......

(I understand tho, why the hell no gui mode turns on a bootscreen i have no idea, but then again were dealing with microshaft here)

So, your actually referring to the nogui option that you can specify to the OS as opposed to actually having no GUI?

XP does this, in XP when you specific the nogui option it disables the 'I haven't crashed yet' scrolling bar. In vista it does the same but MS seem to have set a default bitmap so if no other options are specified along with nogui, insted of getting a black screen, you get a picture.

Hardly a new feature, it's been there since 2000.

-.- awsum way of wording ur questions.... if u had just told us what u wanted from that start it would have been hell easier.

create a regkey, and add this info to it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001Control]
"SystemStartOptions"="/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /NOGUIBOOT /BOOTLOGO"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet002Control]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControl]

then simply give it to him, and have him run it as admin.

OMFG vista HB doesn't have a CMD

you've tried run > cmd right

that FUCKING STUPID! if that's true FUCK MICROSOFT how are you supposed to fix network errors with out ipconfig?!

what the hell are you talking about/have you been smoking ?

it does i'm (unfortunately still) running it on my laptop and have used cmd on multiple occasions ...

OMFG vista HB doesn't have a CMD

you've tried run > cmd right

that FUCKING STUPID! if that's true FUCK MICROSOFT how are you supposed to fix network errors with out ipconfig?!

what the hell are you talking about/have you been smoking ?

it does i'm (unfortunately still) running it on my laptop and have used cmd on multiple occasions ...

u know, im hopin what he said was just sarcasim.

I don't even remember posting that...

if it was me I must have been on something that doesn't even make any sense, and that's even more odd because I don't even have anything to be on...

wow... fuck, that's not even close to making sense

OK, I hacked into your machine, posted that to finally destroy you on the boards, and start my world domination.  Oh, and I left you a present on your machine, try checking the system32 file and see if there is anything that doesn't belong...

Same IP...

great I'm sleep posting....

[me=SomeoneE1se]downloads AV and reinstall an OS to be safe[/me]

FRACK

if its any consolation i might do the same ...

its happened to me multiple times that i woke up the next morning go downstairs and see that my machine is on & logged in.

and i always turn my pc & the powerswitch off

i'm the only one here that know's the pass & my parents are complete noobs when it comes to computers ...