Good Coding Music

sablefoxx

What music do you guys listen to (if any) while you code, I like Rage Against the Machine, or some good techno.

Apparently K1u likes classical!?!

Being a musician myself, I tend to like so many different things. I listen mainly to Heavy Metal/Industrial music and Jazz. So I would suggest bands like Metallica, Korn, Soulfly, Skinny Puppy and Ozzy, then move to my jazz collection of Thelonious Monk, Vince Guaraldi(the guy who gave us the Charlie Brown music), and Charles Mingus. Throw in some Ratatat and Red Neck Manifesto, God Speed you Black emporor along with some Download,  Ry Cooder, and Bjork, and you can see that I am starting to go all over the map.

My music collection is pretty diverse and when I am on the computer all of it gets played and lumped into media player with no preference over anything else. For coding, I generally like Instrumentals but anything from my collection will probably do.

As you can see, I have a large amount of music on my PC and this is just a small portion of the music I have. I do not have enough room for every cd I own:width=251 height=82http://www.twistedpairrecords.com/digip/music.jpg[/img]

What music do you guys listen to (if any) while you code, I like Rage Against the Machine, or some good techno.

Apparently K1u likes classical!?!

First off man, listening to music will not make functions be auto learned in your mind. You have to actually learn a language then listen to music with it.

I listen to Classical and Rammstein sometimes when coding. When I am hacking... or pen testing one of my customers sites I usually sing songs to myself about myself.

When I am hacking... or pen testing one of my customers sites I usually sing songs to myself about myself.

Thats respectable man.

As you can see, I have a large amount of music on my PC and this is just a small portion of the music I have. I do not have enough room for every cd I own:width=251 height=82http://www.twistedpairrecords.com/digip/music.jpg[/img]

Too tru, I have 23Gb, and thats a modest collection these days.

Depends on my mood.

Sometimes it's stuff like what Moonlit posted(like your lists moon!)

Ambient, grunge, sometimes hardcore RAP. Heavy metal, industrial.

It also kinda depends on what and when I'm coding. If it's an application for work or its in the middle of the day, it's usually something more mellow like Celtic or bagpipes, Dream Theatre, or something more crowd friendly. This is because I need to hear my pages and phone calls. If it's late at night, its headphones and something with some harshness to keep the blood flowing. This is particularly true when working on web pages I really don't want to do.

:shock:

I mainly code to Barbie Girl and most of the Aqua back catalog, I also like some Vengaboys. 

I mainly code to Barbie Girl and most of the Aqua back catalog, I also like some Vengaboys. 

A man who follows my taste.

When coding i more go for smoth easy listening music, so not to disturb me to much, i just want tunes to be in the background and kill out the sounds of phone ringing, or MSN going off. So normaly when programing ive got go:

StaticX, Stone Sour, Parkway drive, Killswitch Engage, trivium, etc...

Lol, I was just going to say that there are endless threads on this topic. Just listen to music you usually enjoy.

I myself listen to alot of Metal when I program. Although I find that it's not usually the music that helps me code, but it's more of the massive amounts of coffee that I consume while coding that helps.  :-P