Hacksaw Crashed My U3 8GB Cruzer

TYLER

I installed everything perfectly and had it running for awhile, now when i place my U3 in the USB drive, It doesn't perform autorun, and when i click ont the cd drive, it just makes a working cursor and then stops.  nothing happens.  i try to click on the actual drive and it says please insert. 

what should i do.  i need this usb drive it has vital business information on it.

thanks,

-tdb

what should i do.  i need this usb drive it has vital business information on it.

Y'know, maybe I'm too cautious, but that doesn't seem like the best drive to install a tool that's designed to maliciously attack computers on.

ha... nightly backup...  you're funny

May be I am, may be I'm not.

Seriously, any one who uses flash to store all there work (as I do) should do some kind of daily backup (as I do). Flash doesn't live forever, and compared to a normal hard drive it doesn't last very long at all.

If he did use universal customizer, which I'm going to assume he did, then there is a backup made for him. Try looking in your my documents folder for a backup, its password will be the password you entered during universal customizer install. If not try booting UBCD4win and use some of their file access programs, I've found them quite useful before.