Questions about AIM

Employee

Hello some random questions. I already tried google. [sorry for stupid questions]

What is a fast AIM password cracker? I mean FAST.

Is there a way to obtain an IP from another AIM user?

What are the differences between AIM servers?

Is it possible to hack some one through an AIM account?

I'm still thinking of more I will put more up.

A script that has been writen to brute force passwords? It's going to be no faster then normal brute forcing...
Ask the user what there IP address is?

A script that has been writen to brute force passwords? It's going to be no faster then normal brute forcing...
Ask the user what there IP address is?
i wish it was that simple just to ask but i mean what brute force program would you suggjest? because doesnt AIM have a lock down period?

Edit: I'm too used to using HTML, damn BBCode

Is it possible to hack some one through an AIM account?

These two questions can be interlinked in one smooth movement to get their IP address, and then use that to hack them. This is a fairly long winded way about doing it, but should work.

Step one: Get a website running, maybe even a blog.

Step two: Install an invisible stat counter on the page.

Step three: Pretend to be enthusiastic about said site, and invite the AIM user to view your site, and give you suggestions about how to improve it.

Step four: When they have visited the site, log into your stat counter, where you will be able to find their IP address.

Using this IP address, you will then be able to find programs out there that can view information about the person's computer by using their IP address, and then use certain... Shall we say.. Metaphysical Exploiting software to get past programs they are running and into their system.

Sorry about the vagueness past step four, but I still wish to be able to plead innocent when and if I ever get to court ;)

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think if you are talking to someone through AIM (might have to be a direct connect not sure) then use netstat, I think you will see their ip address. I don't know if says AIM or just a port number, you might have to look up what port number AIM uses...

google netstat and AIM port number, maybe that will show something.

If you are directly connected then that will work, but I would have thought AIM wouldn't use a direct connection (I don't know for sure since I don't use it). Maybe it would if you are transferring a file to or from them.

social engineer them. I have got contless AIM passwords from creating an account along the lines of "AimErrorMessage14"... Well lemme tell the first whole story.

Back in the day, there was a buddy icon that worked similarly to the WMF exploit in windows, you would open a window to chat with someone, type them a message and boom, (if they were using AOL software) there client would crash. When they logged back online I would immediatly message them from AimErrorMessag14 and say "AOL has just recovered from a crash, to fix this problem please type your username and password in two seprate I.M.'s" and of course, it always words :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, know I don't want to see completely ignorant but is it possible for some one too temporarly hack your computer?

5/23 I was on AIM and I pissed off my friend. So what he did was went and got his friend who knows how to 'hack'. I do not know if he is a 'script kiddie' or uses his own materials. So what happend was some how or another he got into my computer restarted it, than when it turned on agian it restarted agian (Noting AIM was not started).

So now I'm just confused, how could this happen?

You used an insecure AIM client?
I guess? I used the client that is for windows 98 because Trillion or what ever its name is is too hard to use and looks dumb.

lmao windows 98 client

j00 GOT PWND NOOB!

m m beer