Wireless network q's

bmanice

hey im trying to figure out how to get my wireless router to communicate with a wireless access point via 802.11g

i am trying to avoid running a cable...

my laptop (IBM XP Pro) is from the corp i work for, i dont have admin rights to change drivers/install new hardware/software, and i do not feel comfortable hacking it...

so this is the only option i can think of if  i want to use this latptop upstairs in my home (w/o running a wire)...

cable modem -> wire -> wireless router -> wireless connection -> wireless access point -> wire -> laptop

... just need to know how to configure, if it is possible...

any other ideas for a set-up GREATLY appreciated

A super cheap and nasty option would be to use a windows box running ICS. Connect the wireless dongle to the AP, and hook a switch into the NIC. No, its not perfect, but it can be setup in 5 mins using the kit you already have.

hey im trying to figure out how to get my wireless router to communicate with a wireless access point via 802.11g

What is the desired result?

What I mean is, when you say 'communicate', what do you want this communication to achieve?

communicate as in, get my laptop on the interwebs

A super cheap and nasty option would be to use a windows box running ICS. Connect the wireless dongle to the AP, and hook a switch into the NIC. No, its not perfect, but it can be setup in 5 mins using the kit you already have.

i think im going to do this or use ddwrt...