Using a Stb Keyboard on pc?

parrafin

Hey guys!

I got a stb (SetTopBox) from motorola Vip1910-9 and a motorola wireless keyboard model:wl05-05-kt-no-03-RoHS

And I wounder is there any chance i can use the keyboard on a windows xp machine?

I do install these boxes for clients here in noway, and I'd like to know if there's anything cool that can be done with it..

on the back of the stb i can see the folloing ports:

- Ethernet link

- 2xs Usb ports

- 1x Hdmi

- 2x scart connectors

-1x composite Y, Pb and Pr

- 1x Spdif

-1x analog audio

-1x toslink

-1x card reader

and ofc the power connector

I know that you need a ethernet cable cat5 from the home sentral to the stb and use mobile provisioning to autodetect the equipment.

But. is there a way to use the Usb ports to anything else than just +5v for charging? I tried to use a thumbdrive, but nothing happend.

Any ideas?

It's quite possible it running Linux (Similar to the TiVo). Your best bet to seeing what you can do to it is rip out it's HD and plug it in to a computer and look at the partitions (admittedly this won't actually work with a TiVo).

Alternatively, nmap the bugger, see what ports are open, and trying service finger printing them. (port number != service type)

Thanx Sparda for the info.. but this box doesnt have any Hd inside.. I have opened one before and didnt find any hd, So this must be a Sw based iptv thingy.., Norway is way behind in that kind of tech. but i love to open things and see whats inside.. so ill do it again.

Nothing mutch to find there. just a printboard with loads of components on it..