Uh oh restarto

Employee

Lol, i spent 15£ on a power supply and it runs 4 hard disks, 2 optical drives, a geforce 6 and a pentium 4 fine. But I admit it can be hit and miss with the cheaper ones.

Call me a n00b, but I smell a virus. I had the exact same problem, and a quick antivir scan was just what the Dr.Web ordered. I in no way promoted the use of Dr.Web. Nevertheless, scan just in case.

Sorry for the out of place title, but it gets the point across. I built my computer about a year to a year and a half ago, since than it has had problems with rebooting randomly. I fixed my video drivers, (thinking this was the problem) I bought a new heat sink (Now thinking heat was the problem), and a fan controller for watching heat. Now that I have ruled those out I shall give you my specs

AMD Atholon 64 Processor 3000+ 1.99ghz (Meant to be 2?)

1 GB of PC 3200 RAM (I might be off on the 3200 part)

A Radeon 9800 PRO

Shuttle AN50 socket 754 Motherboard

6 Fans meant for cooling 2 on heat sink

Ultra Fan Commander

Western Digital hard drive (WDCAC26400B) 80 gig I think

I have scanned for viruses and spyware.

Any Help would be appreciated

yea thats what i was thinking frist off as well. the ps is just a suggestion, take it or leave it but hope you get it fixed

My idea now is to go to a store called 'Microcenter' (www.microcenter.com) and going to buy a new powersupply. Than I was considering reformatting. Would that be a logical decision?(Well by logical I mean a good idea)

take the adivce at your own risk if its beyond your understanding, it might be worth taking it into the shop. shouldnt cost more then one of the part you are about to replace.

online help is great but from where i sit it is hard to really be sure without physical access to the machine.

this is the plan of action i would take if i was you

replace ps

if that does not fix the problem

replace the mobo

not fixed

toss it out the window and then cry

or then replace everything but then you could just buy new hardware

or skip all of the above and take it to the shop.

Hi to all!!

it's the first time I write here, and I'm from Spain, so, excuse me if my english is not good enough...

Employee, I think too you have a problem with the power supply, but before changing it, be sure that the mother board dont touch directly the pc box, once I had a similar problem and it was a little short-circuit.

good luck... :wink:

• 1 month later...

KAH! What the hell, my Flemish Nature (pokes DLSS) I found this topic so I didn't have to start a new one. I ran MEMTEST-86 v3.1 (reading this off a blue screen) and I would like to know what my results mean!!

Off topic: hehe spardaI don't need to pay you 20 pounds because you thought it was a videocard problem hehehehehe.

Excuse my language but I need to release my anger before I type it out. FUCK THIS SHIT GOD DAMMIT MOTHERFUCKING MIDGETS STEALING MY COOKIES WITH THEIR BIG HATS WHICH COVER THERE BODIES!! sorry ok ok. ok.

Results:

1995Mhz

L1 Cache 128k 16349MB/s

L2 Cache 512k 4062MB/s

Memory 1024m 1624MB/s

Wall time = X:XX:XX

Cached : 1024M

RsvdMem : 1104K

MemMap : e820-Std

Cache = On

ECC = Off

Test : Std

Pass : 4

Errors : 512

ECC Errors : 0

Dude I really don't want to type all these test failures. If you need them tell me and I'll kill my self. (kidding) :roll: