Key logger running from a u3 flash drive, How can it be done?

lucidnightmare

No, I can't seem to get it to work. I created an auto run .inf file          [Autorun]

open=k.exe

Then I put the file in the u3 three custom folder, create the iso, and run the u3 customizer installerr.

When the u3 custom installer finishes I remove the drive and reinsert it, but still I can't get the program to launch automatically. Is the auto run file wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
I'm a newb, I've read previous posts, but I still can't get a keylogger to auto run of my thumb drive.  Like I said its a u3 enabled, cruzer micro 1gb drive.  I'm confused about the scripts, finding a free keylogging program to run from the script, and saving the script to the u3 file system.  If someone could post step by step instructions that would be great! Thanks! (Do I need a script or do I use the u3 script).

I've been told I need to modify the read-only "CDROM" division of a U3 drive to read and write access.  How can this be done?

A user from the binary revolution forum gave this link.  I'm kinda confused on the instructions so if someone could make it simpler for me that would be great!  hxxp: mcgrewsecurity. com/research/hackingU3/

Can this be done without the user knowing or having to open anything. I want to be able to plug this in, have it run in the background, and record key strokes when I'm not in the class room.

Edit-- In case your wondering the reason, we're having a problem with kids using the media laptop to check myspace at school and its really annoying and hard to catch them.  I'm only in the room maybe 1 or 2 periods a day so its really hard to keep any eye on it.  It is the only laptop in the entire school that has admin privileges on the network firewall.  On occasion we use a clip or two from youtube or myspace in the monthly video we produce.  This is not malicious in any way!!! (I don't know the forum rules yet). I eventually want to publish a simple walk through for hacking the u3 if it hasn't been done.

P.s. This like is NOT helpful. Where is the "step 2" zip file it mentions??? http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Sandisk_U3_ISO_Hack

Unfortunately, I don't have a u3. This is how I would do it with a non-u3 drive.

This uses pskill from sysinternals.

Make a file called file.txt in the root directory of your flash drive.

Don't have anything install on the computer except this batch file in some random system directory.

Then have it launch.

Make sure that the keylogger runs *without* installing anything on the target computer.

Have a batch file like this run upon autorun:

start.bat

[your keylogger executable]

call check.bat

exit

check.bat

:begin

if exist "%~d0file.txt" goto begin

pskill.exe -t "[keylogger process]"

exit

Sorry this reply is so brief.

I am making the assumption that you know how to make batch files.

Good luck!