EMP on prison break

spxl

Hi

I was watching Prison Break, and he made a EMP out of some antennas and connected power to them.. He said that connecting power to something that retrieves signal creates a EMP.. Is this possible? It sounds kind of weird to me, but it can be fun if it works ^^

EMPs are typical made out of freaking big/powerful elecromagnets.  Or are the result of a nuclear explosion.

I'm not going into anymore detail then that.

is it becasue you don't know any more then that or you just wan t to be an ass?

no it's not they could never produce enough power to can any kind of emp effect,

I'm sure the U.S. has EMP's, and there were always plans to blow up nucs over russia, which would not cause physical damage, but the emp would wipe out Russia at the right height. 

As for prison break, I saw that too.  I'm not to sure of the physics, but the way he set it up it definately was not possible, it would never go that far.  Furthermore, even though they called it an emp it seemed to be more of a signal scrambler, as all it did was knock out reception of the tv.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't emp's generally completely destroy electronics?

Hi

I was watching Prison Break, and he made a EMP out of some antennas and connected power to them.. He said that connecting power to something that retrieves signal creates a EMP.. Is this possible? It sounds kind of weird to me, but it can be fun if it works ^^

The same effect that was used on prison break can be recreated at home, it kinda like turning on a Vacumcleaner when the TV's on (analog TV) it causes interference, its not quite an EMP (to my knowledge) but EMP is more used to make it sound cool.