Your favourite 'hacking' Bootdisc/bootcd/linux linux live cd/etc

RainbowColor

Hiya!

Just wondering what people favourite hacking/cracking bootdisc's are...

I have heard of and used;

BackTrack2

OPHCrack

loginrecovery bootcd (if that is counted)

and I have used a few more, that haven't worked...

Can you please tell me the ones that you have liked the best/worked best for you?

Thanks!

rainbowCOLOR

Not that I really use them much, but Hiren's Boot CD, NT Offline Password and Registry Editor, Backtrack and Slax.

I have other random live CDs around just for kicks, but I don't often use them.

Was going to build a BartPE disc too but I never got around to it. Not that I really need it anyway, it would be a nice addition to the collection.

My BartPE CD, DSL, Hirens BootCD, Ubuntu (mainly for GParted and viewing Harddrives) and BackTrack 2.

When you say 'My BartPE CD' does that mean, you made your own version of it?

nUbuntu.

WOW!

Nice list guys!

I will get all of the ones mentioned above (except I already have BackTrack2 and Ubuntu)

Thanks guys!

:WOW:

This is going to be fun!

If there are any others that you use (not mentioned in this post) please tell me!

Thanks,

rainbowCOLOR

It really depends on what you need then for though. I use Ubuntu 7.10 mainly because the download mirrors are fast and it can write to NTFS. Plus, if you need extra stuff you can just install it to the live cd.

All live CD's are shit, be a man and do an install.

Kinda pointless if all you need to do is pull data from a machine crippled by novell edirectory to the point where no one has permissions for anything anymore.

Anonym.OS, based off OpenBSD though.

Probably the most secure Live CD you can get your hands on.

Anonym.OS Live CD ShmooCon 2006 January 14, 2006

Hasn't been updated since 2006, which means it's vulnerable to the older TOR Exit Node problems. If they update TOR then it would be a lot more secure.

EDIT: Just found this, but they have instructions to build your own: http://kaos.to/cms/component/option,com_do...id,3/Itemid,34/ so you can actually add the latest TOR and any number of other programs.

Kinda pointless if all you need to do is pull data from a machine crippled by novell edirectory to the point where no one has permissions for anything anymore.

Thats what I though too, but he's not asking for recovery or anything like that he wants to hack.  And if he's asking about hacking it's not going to be on the computer he can boot off of CD because he's already got that computer.

Thats what I though too, but he's not asking for recovery or anything like that he wants to hack.  And if he's asking about hacking it's not going to be on the computer he can boot off of CD because he's already got that computer.

Topic: Your favourite 'hacking' Bootdisc/bootcd/linux linux live cd/etc

I like the ultimate boot CD but that is not for hacking.

I Really Adore BackTrack2, Ubuntu, OPhCrack and Anonym.OS.

However all of these can't access NTFS with Write Permissions and needs hard work to get it READ only too.

So if some1 having a windows on NTFS and you wanna mess with the SAM fil where passwords are stored, or your brother is kidding you and set a  password over your Computer then you can simply use ERD Commander to boot up and Hell Ya you'd Find it really Cool!