TOMATO SPLOOP...

melodic

Hmmm... Quick question.

Black holes produce immense gravitational pull, and suck everything within a large, large radius into them. Would the vision of darkness be caused by the gravitational pull near the centre forcing objects to travel past the speed of light, so they are no-longer visable, or would it simply be that all the sources of light in the area have been sucked into the maelstrom of the hole, slipping into the black hole where it can't escape, thus stopping us from percieving light around the area?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it is theoretically possible to go faster or at the speed of light. Lets take einsteins equation. E=mc2 energy is equal to mass time the speed of light squared. Mathematically it makes sense. However the greater the mass of the object the greater the energy required to get it to the speed of light. So lets just say that it is impossible to get anything thats not subatomic to go faster than the speed of light.

What has the second part of that post got to do with the first part? Are you pointing out that the faster something goes the more relativistic mass it has? Anyway assuming Einstein's theories of relativity are right I don't think anything with a mass can go faster than light. Although no one can say for certain (or indeed can really say anything for certain, but that's getting a bit philosophical), and I certainly can't.

Hmmm... Quick question.

Black holes produce immense gravitational pull, and suck everything within a large, large radius into them. Would the vision of darkness be caused by the gravitational pull near the centre forcing objects to travel past the speed of light, so they are no-longer visable, or would it simply be that all the sources of light in the area have been sucked into the maelstrom of the hole, slipping into the black hole where it can't escape, thus stopping us from percieving light around the area?

Well I think it's because to escape a blackhole you'd have to be travelling faster than the speed of light, and since light doesn't travel faster than the speed of light (obviously) it can't escape. How gravity affects a massless photon I don't know, it might be something to do with bending space or something (if it can affect space and time why not light)... whatever that means. In conclusion: I don't know much about physics.

Isn't it also theorised that if you did actualy mange to get a mass to travle at the speed of light that it would create it's own infinatly strong gravitational pull (and thus either become a black hole or have the state of a black hole while it is traveling at the speed of light)?

Is that really saying 1TB of RAM, 1TB of swap (unused) and a load of 120+??? :shock:

That's... insane!

Well, for home use at least.

Is this a big-ass FTP server with 120+ concurrent users, all of them starved for IO?

It’s was just build because it could be built, it’s made from crap lying around and bits from dumpster diving and a heavily modified OS.

It was used for awhile but it was manly used to show of.