Ways to read a website's directory contents with Directory Listing disabled

I am wondering what ways there are to expose what's stored on a website. It's simple when directory listing is enabled, if the directory doesn't contain an index file. The only other way I know of would be to look for files like "WS_FTP.LOG", a logfile which contains the files uploaded to the website. It's not always up-to-date or even complete, but it does give you a good idea of what files are stored on the server.

Does anybody know of other logfiles, default settings or common scripts that can be used to expose which files are on the site?

GetRight has a function that does kinda that, so it may be worth hooking it up to wireshark and seeing what its saying.

GetRight the download accelerator? I don't use it myself, but how does this reveal the directory's content?

It probably just looks for links but its worth a shot. Its the browser function your looking for. But tbh, if the server is set to not list the directory contents then its unlikely that you can do much on the client side without exploiting the server in a some fashion.

It probably just looks for links but its worth a shot. Its the browser function your looking for. But tbh, if the server is set to not list the directory contents then its unlikely that you can do much on the client side without exploiting the server in a some fashion.

It's equally possible it is only able to fetch directory listing on web server that do have it enabled but also have a default page.