diy Print sever

alique89

Apple is being jerks for not releaceing the iphone in canada?  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I say, use an iPhone as the print server. Makes sense, right? (NO IT DOESN'T, AND NEITHER DOES THIS TOPICS POLL AND QUESTION)

http://www.cnet.com.au/desktops/pcs/0,2390...40055565,00.htm

That's the jist of what needs to happen.

argh, the forum won't let me post the list of commands.

Its a temporary measure. I use mod_security on the forums from time to time, in this case I turned it on when you reported that weird redirection bug. This just limits what you can post to the server. Normally it wouldn't be so much of an issue, but people will want to post random bits of code here. The perpetual features vs security problem is 10x worse here as people want to a: discuss things that would be blocked elsewhere and b: we had a skiddy army just waiting for the chance to take out the entire site.

Its a temporary measure. I use mod_security on the forums from time to time, in this case I turned it on when you reported that weird redirection bug. This just limits what you can post to the server. Normally it wouldn't be so much of an issue, but people will want to post random bits of code here. The perpetual features vs security problem is 10x worse here as people want to a: discuss things that would be blocked elsewhere and b: we had a skiddy army just waiting for the chance to take out the entire site.

Always fun

The best DIY way to sever your printer is with something sharp and heavy. You can then choose to sever the printer as a whole, or just axe the cable with, as far as the computer is concerned, the same effect. Of course, the former has a far higher recreational value.

Why not just buy a printer that has network support simple and that where you dont have to do much.

(The reason that the Iphone isn't in canada is because a company in there has the trademark of Iphone in that country and anit giving it up as they use it for VOIP)

If you want something like FreeNAS that has print server support I would recommend Clark Connect http://www.clarkconnect.com/downloads/isos.php. The community edition is free. I use it myself for all sorts of server needs. It also has a rather large set of CUPS print drivers, is really easy to get set up, and it has a great web interface for all of its configuration.