Lost my USB - Can I delelete everything from it remotely?

USBHacker

I lost my USB on the bus a few months ago (1 month actually)

It was my claymore, with a log of my computer still on it.

I have reset all my passwords (of course)

but I would still like to be able to delete all my logfiles (and if possible everything!)

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

USBHacker

PS: It's not the passwords I am worried about, it is the product keys of my computer!

If you dont want ppl to find out whats on your USB drive the easiest thing to do is encrypt it using TrueCrypt >>  www.trucrypt.org  Be sure to check out its "Traveler Disk Setup", this is designed for USB drives.  Of course this will completely defeat the purpose of a hacked USB drive cuz you wont be able to autorun the payload without entering a password, but if you not trying to be stealthy this is a great option because it will also encrypt all those incriminating log files of boxes you alrdy hit.

As far as remotely deleting it's contents, I have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...
the easiest thing to do is encrypt it using TrueCrypt

The problem is that you need TrueCrypt on the machine you're trying to view it from. Any portable apps that you can auto run from the flashdrive and prompt you for a password to decrypt the files?

So like, a section of the USB is unencrypted and a program runs that decrypts the files when you enter a pass. That would be nice.

the easiest thing to do is encrypt it using TrueCrypt

The problem is that you need TrueCrypt on the machine you're trying to view it from. Any portable apps that you can auto run from the flashdrive and prompt you for a password to decrypt the files?

So like, a section of the USB is unencrypted and a program runs that decrypts the files when you enter a pass. That would be nice.

You do NOT need truecrypt on the computer, if you use the method i talked about above (traveller disk setup) it will create a "portable app" style version of truecrypt that can be run off the flash drive itself, it will even create a custom .inf file so that when you insert the drive the first thing it does is pop up a password box.

So the program you are describing IS actually truecrypt, oh the joys of open source apps all the useful features you want!

--sf