IE probs please help

seanvoth

It is either that your browser is corrupted or you have another program closing it (ie.Virus,trojan, or even the OS). If you are using IE6 just install IE7 and it will solve any browser problems you may be having and you wont have to go through all the jazz needing to follow the steps to uninstall IE6. If I were you I would go to google and search for Dr. Web. They have a free version of their virus scan on their site. I would run the VS you have on your comp. before you do this. I would run one or both of the virus scans then download and install Registry Mechanic and see if that helps your browser. It could be that you have something that is causing the browser to crash, like an add-on. Restore your browser to default and see if that yields any good results. -Tools -Internet Options - Advanced - Reset... It should be the same if you have IE6 or IE7.  If you are using IE7 and IE7 is crapping out then just inunstall it using add&remove progs to uninstall it and then reinstall it.

A lot of times viruses or trojans will corrupt the browser or cause the browser not to be able to access the internet even if you are getting an IP address and can ping shit. This prevents you from getting software to remove it. I would always keep firefox portable on a flashdrive just in case your browser craps out and you need it, or you just need it and you are using a public computer. It will help secure your shit better in case their browser has been hijacked.

But I would go the virus scan route then if that fails try and repair your software. I would still do the registry mechanic because over time the Windows' registry tends to develop a shitload of dead end or incorrect values. Also after all that shit try a defrag if you need it. So many people, this forum excluded don't realise how much system performance can be lost due to a high HDD fragmentation percentage.

Well good luck.  8)

Opera FTW

Agreed!

The Alpha version of Opera is slick! I have always loved Opera. It is great for sticking on a USB and using as a portable browser. Although I use FF more for everyday things, mainly because of the extensions.

Opera FTW

Agreed!

The Alpha version of Opera is slick! I have always loved Opera. It is great for sticking on a USB and using as a portable browser. Although I use FF more for everyday things, mainly because of the extensions.

Firefox without extensions doesn't do as much as Opera with no extensions.

Here is a comparison and they BOTH can run almost the same things as each other with a comparable plugin or extension. Both good browsers, but I personally like Opera the best.

http://files.myopera.com/Rijk/blog/extensions.html