bitorrent blocked, what should I use?

b0xybr0wn

Yes you are, and we would respect you more if you didn't lie.

Otherwise, try one of the bazillion other methods of P2P, make sure your network and program settings are correct and/or consider a external box that does the naughty stuff and relays the data to you via sFTP, scp or HTTPS (ie its legit traffic).

Really, I am looking for like a way to get linux dvd distros. http isnt a great idea around here for things that large and bitorrent is my preferred way but I cant use that.

There is one thing other than that too which i need because I lost the disk, still have the serial number which would also be nice to get but its not a must have.

Use something like GetRight or Flashget which allow you to download things in multiple chunks from multiple servers and resume your downloads should something die. HTTP file transfers are faster than bit torrent on the whole, especially for local mirrors of ISO files. The main reason bit torrent came to be was that it got around the problem of having a server full of illegal stuff that the feds could shut down when sabers needed to be rattled.

But honestly, without knowing how your network works and the filtering methods employed (just fuzz it) we're shooting in the dark.

the protocol  is called XDCC, if ur downloading Linux distros, then use FTP, use either FlashFXP (trial) or Filezilla (open source) and you will have resumable downloads via FTP (theres other clients, just these 2 seem to be the most common).

I made a $1 donation and got an account with http://silenceisdefeat.org/ . There is no bandwidth cap and have 50mb storage. I don't really plan on using this for bittorrent for the most part unless I really need something. I mostly had 10% left on one torrent and it worked great to finish it through that. I really plan on using the tunnel for anonymity  with portablefirefox

Without knowing how your network works and the filtering methods employed (just fuzz it) we're shooting in the dark.

I have a question to your answer. In Fuzzing, are you referring to sending random characters at a program in order to crash it, like they do in fuzz testing? And how would fuzzing help him download a file? I am confused.

No, I ment work out how the network works by throwing anything you can think it it and seeing how it responds. Probably the wrong word,  i know,

So do network enumeration to see what ports open/closed, services, firewall blocks, etc.

No, I ment work out how the network works by throwing anything you can think it it and seeing how it responds. Probably the wrong word,  i know,

Fuzzing in a network context means you usually crash switches and routers. And there for leading on to working out how you crashed the switch/router and if it could lead to a remote code injection exploit.

Side note: You can't fuzz over the Internet, you will most likely end up crashing a router that your own internet connection depends upon and there for kill your own internet connection, not a clever thing to do. Then your ISP will probably be on your case for 'attacking' there router.