problems with hacked halo2 for XP

larz

Ok i have aquired a hacked version of halo2 compatible with windows XP. However, im having some problems. Seeing as theirs no technical support forums, for "the official hacked halo2" :P , and seeing as these forums are dead, i figured id post this here. And ill probably go to the hak5 forums later.....

ANYWAY

Im trying to play it, i get past the very 1st cutscene in the game, and then when it attempts to load the actual 1st level of gameplay, a screen pops up and says "please insert halo2 disc" Im liek WTFZORS "its not supposed to do that until the gravemind level" (it says so in the read me, yadda yadda yadda).

So i tried to copy the process that is used to get around this problem with the gravemind level. And nothing happens. Still refuses to let me play 1st level of game.

Yeah i know its a hacked game, so bugs are no suprise right? Still i was f**king excited. I downloaded it, installed, launched it, everything looked good, and then it dies....

Any ideas?

Probably not, but hey a post is a post.

OH her is sum useless screenshots for your viewing pleasure

edited: putfile is pmsing right now =/

Im not good with computers, please help if you can.  :smile:

Sorry mate, Hak5 really isnt the place for this. You would have more luck going to a warze forum, that im sure they can help you out. though i also suggest checkin to see if ur "download" has an NFO file, or a read me. this can come in hadny.

Sorry mate, Hak5 really isnt the place for this. You would have more luck going to a warze forum, that im sure they can help you out. though i also suggest checkin to see if ur "download" has an NFO file, or a read me. this can come in hadny.

i did read the readme thouroghly, several times lol. i would have purchased it, if i had a windows vista handy.

Ok thanks anyway. Im sorry to bother yall

Anyone know anyone good warez sites, i could possible get help for this at?

(FYI could you not just say "I bought this game, but hate vista so much I reverted back to XP and now want to enjoy the game i payed for", so much easier)

TBH your best off looking threw the comments on the bit torrent sites making that version of the software avalible. Thats what I do when i get issues with things I download, yes, 90% of them will be n00bs going "OMG YOU TEH R SUX0RS, MAKE IT WORK OR I WILL HACK YOU!!!!1", but one or 2 of the comments will contain exactly the information you need.

As for links to specific sites containing warez, its not a case of us being totally anti-warez, its just a case of us not wanting to been seen to endorse warez trading publically. Kinda like if you enjoyed smoking weed, but don't want your flatmate to sell it out of your kitchen.

(FYI could you not just say "I bought this game, but hate vista so much I reverted back to XP and now want to enjoy the game i payed for", so much easier)

TBH your best off looking threw the comments on the bit torrent sites making that version of the software avalible. Thats what I do when i get issues with things I download, yes, 90% of them will be n00bs going "OMG YOU TEH R SUX0RS, MAKE IT WORK OR I WILL HACK YOU!!!!1", but one or 2 of the comments will contain exactly the information you need.

As for links to specific sites containing warez, its not a case of us being totally anti-warez, its just a case of us not wanting to been seen to endorse warez trading publically. Kinda like if you enjoyed smoking weed, but don't want your flatmate to sell it out of your kitchen.

actually thats the complete truth. I ran to gamestop grabbed it off the shelf, thinking "with my hardware running this old game will be no problem" then i actually plopped it in, and found out it required vista. Needless to say, i hated microsoft for the rest of that week.....

I would not trust any "hacked" versions of games, it could easily have a remote keylogger attached to it.

I would recommend trying to buy the game Larz... I know you said you do not have Vista but it would be better to save up and get a basic version of Vista and the game instead of a "hacked" version which I again would not trust.

Just my opinion.