Hacking a direct TV box

proskater123

I just got some receivers for my house and all of them have a usb port on them. My dvr has one in back and frount. So im figuring that you are able to use them. But when i plugged my u3 drive into it, it didn't do anything. I saw a usb cable with both male ends. Can i plug my computer into it and get the things i have recorded.

Even beter can i watch tv from this port if i pluged into my pc. :)

I just got some receivers for my house and all of them have a usb port on them. My dvr has one in back and frount. So im figuring that you are able to use them. But when i plugged my u3 drive into it, it didn't do anything. I saw a usb cable with both male ends. Can i plug my computer into it and get the things i have recorded.

Even beter can i watch tv from this port if i pluged into my pc. :)

You would have to do some research on the boc. Sometimes USB connectors on devices like that are for diagnostics and firmware updates, so you may not be able to watch anything off of them, but I am not sure. Maybe google to model of the box online and see if there are any hacks for them.

If you have a tv tuner card or graphic card that can take video input, just get a splitter from the line in (before it gets to the box) to your pc and you should be able to use your pc to watch and/or record them direct to your pc.