Using Proxy Servers-

c2de4300

I have a basic basic idea on how these work-

My dilemma-

I am trying to get on an online forum I have been blocked from- I believe from the ISP IP address.  I want to use proxy servers to get back on the forum-

All of the proxy servers I have tried so far will not let you access ssl sites(email)(why is that?)

I need to access my email in order to click the link- to register for the forum-

I will be searching up some stuff tomorrow but if you can point me in the correct direction that would be great.

Thanks In Advance.   

The question that comes to mind is why did you get blocked from it in the first place and, knowing that we wouldn't appreciate someone bypassing a block or ban to use this forum, why would we want to help you get around said ban?

what does it matter to you?

Please do not post if you dont have anything useful to say.  Thanks

I dont want to sound like an ass hole but I hate when people post stuff like that...

http://www.flamehunt.com/

This site is being reworked along with its mirror servers.. because the tos of the server it is being hosted on, does not allow proxies, so we are looking for mirrors, but it can access https..

Thanks I will check that out.

I dont want to sound like an ass hole but I hate when people post stuff like that...

Just a note, you might not want to disrespect the mods, especially on your first post. You will get a faster response if you do, otherwise you may find yourself banned from another forum.

As to your question, the site your trying to logon to (the email site, not the forum) might reject the connection if it detects a proxy in use or if they reject certain proxy sites ip addresses. Or, The proxy itself might be rejecting required cookies or something like that. Try to use a proxy that lets you select some settings, like a  php proxy where you can make sure it allows things like javascript and cookies, etc. The proxy site itself may be blocking you from logging onto the email. Don't know, but maybe you could provide a little more info.

It matters to me that as a moderator for this forum and a regular user of others I have an interest in communities staying clear of people who abuse the service or the other members and if I suspect that someone has been banned for doing either of those things then I'd rather they didn't try to bypass a ban or suspension just because they didn't think they deserved it or because they persist in pissing people off.

Now, note I didn't accuse you of anything specifically. I want to make it clear that my post wasn't intended as an attack, but if you did get banned from somewhere for a good reason (or even any other kind of reason, given that the rules are likely not yours to make and/or break) then you should respect that you weren't wanted there and just go find somewhere else to hang out.

The question that comes to mind is why did you get blocked from it in the first place and, knowing that we wouldn't appreciate someone bypassing a block or ban to use this forum, why would we want to help you get around said ban?
i dont really want to get around the ban, otherwise im sure i could of have got around it ages ago. I do and i dont. I do becuase i want to make sure their not planning any kind of attacks on me, and i dont becuase i just wanna leave things in the past. but the thing is, one of "his" people keeps following me to forums and websites im apart of, and it kind of makes me paranoid. The thing was. Someone who used to be a good friend to me, lied to me, and tricked me. I left his website for good and he couldn't handle it, so he banned my account. He called me a backstabber, a traitor, etc... and turned many people against me....

Ok, im confused. Are larz + c2de4300 the same person? And if so, why create two different accounts?

Ok, im confused. Are larz + c2de4300 the same person? And if so, why create two different accounts?

Lol exactly what I was thinking-  thats not me...  hahaha what is his post about? 

So how do these forums work exactly?  If you ban a user is it from his mac address or the isp ip?  Im guessing its the isp ip-  Ive read that resetting your modem could possible change your ip- but how could that make sense?  Then there would be no point in banning people from forums.. 

Im not trying to attack any sites- I just want to learn how to get around these barriers and how they work :)

I used that as an example(banned from a site)- now when I look back I see what kind of idea it could give off...

i dont really want to get around the ban, otherwise im sure i could of have got around it ages ago. I do and i dont. I do becuase i want to make sure their not planning any kind of attacks on me, and i dont becuase i just wanna leave things in the past. but the thing is, one of "his" people keeps following me to forums and websites im apart of, and it kind of makes me paranoid. The thing was. Someone who used to be a good friend to me, lied to me, and tricked me. I left his website for good and he couldn't handle it, so he banned my account. He called me a backstabber, a traitor, etc... and turned many people against me....

Larz... I can promise you no one wants to hack you. If you are that paranoid just run Linux...

Lol exactly what I was thinking-  thats not me...  hahaha what is his post about? 

So how do these forums work exactly?  If you ban a user is it from his mac address or the isp ip?  Im guessing its the isp ip-  Ive read that resetting your modem could possible change your ip- but how could that make sense?  Then there would be no point in banning people from forums.. 

Im not trying to attack any sites- I just want to learn how to get around these barriers and how they work :)

I used that as an example(banned from a site)- now when I look back I see what kind of idea it could give off...

A ban here is handled by IP address, user name, email address and host name. Most people don't know how to change there external IP at will (!!!) but for those that do or just proxy in it they will usually make it clear they are a user that has just been banned by shouting about it. These, and any subsequent accounts will also get banned. But, if the user is banned and decides to come back quietly under a new username (and I don't pick up on it) then what is the harm? There not causing a problem anymore so there is no reason to ban them again. I get rid of problems, not people.

I am going to work on my grammar now I have this insight into how seriously forum administrators take there job  :-)

You forgot a comma and a period, and writing "I am" instead of "I'm" is just an excessive waste of bytes.

Congratulations sonny. As of right now, you're topping my shitlist!

I am going to work on my grammar now I have this insight into how seriously forum administrators take there job  :-)

You forgot a comma and a period, and writing "I am" instead of "I'm" is just an excessive waste of bytes.

Congratulations sonny. As of right now, you're topping my shitlist!

Not to mention that "there" should've been "their". ;)

ok back on !topic You can try "hide my ip" It changes you ip to something else. I've changed my ip by unplugging my router and power cycling it. Another way is if you using a router, unplug that and plug you computer straight into the modem.

Your ip is assigned by your ISP. In some instances you can get a new IP address or even assign one in your router, but only if your isp has open ranges on the gateway your connecting through and they allow it.

You can change the default gateway if you know of a different gateway's ip address and then hope for a new ip address, but chances are they will see the mac address of your modem and assign it based on that. I have been able to change my ip address at times, but it does not work all the time, and since I upgraded my modem, it only changes now when I go directly from modem to pc, or modem to router. So I can change it to two different addresses based on how I connect the devices, but at this point I cannot get it to manually assign one through the router like I used to. I think they may have caught on that I was changing it, but either way, they will still know who you are because they know the mac address of your modem. If you can spoof the Modems mac address then you would probably have to call them to reset your ip address because they will not recognize the new modem and not allow it to connect to their system(or at least at Comcast they block it until you call it in and have them set it up).

One thing I have not tried is to spoof the account entirely. Say, get a new modem(will have a new mac address as well), call up as a different customer(not from your home phone) and give their details from their account, like account number, their address and phone number and the name on the account. Their system should find the devices mac address and if they can reach it they will assign it a new ip address. You rthen pretty much online as them from that point on. Not sure if it would work, but if your in an apartment building and you know all your neighbors info, say from two doors down from you, in theory it should work.

DSL is different as is dial up. Dialup will assign you what ever is available in the pool when you log on and will change each time. DSL may or may not change depending on the ISP and how often your disconnected from them. If you log onto your DSL lan and have access to change the router settings(this is not your home route, but the one at the ISP) then you migh be able to change the settings for static ip address or the lease time to 1440(24hours) which will give you the same address all the time.