Pandora's Jar 8.* w/ fixes (newest release)

darkone_05

Well, I've encountered two problems - first the "Are you sure you're using FIREFOX" one, which I fixed by switching to Flash v7.  Now I'm getting the "Unable to rip MP3 null" error.  Let's review:

I have FireFox 2. 0. 0. 9.

I have the latest version of Java.

I have Flash Switcher.

I have Grease Monkey with the required script.

I point the .BAT at my custom FireFox folder, and run it.

localhost:8085 loads.

Music plays.

I hit Grab 'This Track'.

I get error 'Unable to locate artist and song information' error.

I get 'Unable to rip MP3 null' printout.

haelp? D='

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I think I have read all that has been posted here.  I used to follow this pretty religiously, about six months ago, and even tinkered a bit in the code myself, but it has been quite some time.

Anyway, I am running a kubuntu gutsy (7. 10) box.  I have followed the instructions pretty carefully but run into an error early on when I try to run the pandora. jar file.  the output is as followes

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: client/Client (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

If anyone can give me a good reason why this shouldn't run, or how I might go about fixing it, let me know.

Thanks!

Hi,

I think that this post is the very 1st i'm aware of where the user actually uses Linux!

Do you depend on WinE or is it a real Linux setup?  Most unfortunately, you're most

likely the one guy who can help around here...  I've tried to use Slax, etc. but since

you've been reading this forum before there's no need to repeat my story again.

Well, i'll read your post religiously myself even if i don't always get the point so,

please, keep posting!!!

:D

It works on Vista! I couldn't be happier.

There was a very old version of Pandora's Jar that must've been abandoned at some point which completely and correctly tagged the mp3 ripped from Pandora, but you had to specify the file naming format by manually editing some line in some file.  Does anyone know if the same can be done for this new version?

Also, yesterday I left this new version on overnight with Cruise Control active, and reload rate set at 30 songs.  Checked out my music this morning, and there were problems - multiples of the same old track were being given the names from new tracks playing, so most of the music downloaded was entirely wrong.  It would be great if there was a feature so that a song that has already been ripped will not be overwritten by a duplicate. I can only assume all this trouble of wrongly ripped and tagged songs has something to do with the reload rate.  What is the recommended reload rate? Right now I'm set at 12 to be safe.

Very good job on a great program.

There was a very old version of Pandora's Jar that must've been abandoned at some point which completely and correctly tagged the mp3 ripped from Pandora, but you had to specify the file naming format by manually editing some line in some file.  Does anyone know if the same can be done for this new version?

Also, yesterday I left this new version on overnight with Cruise Control active, and reload rate set at 30 songs.  Checked out my music this morning, and there were problems - multiples of the same old track were being given the names from new tracks playing, so most of the music downloaded was entirely wrong.  It would be great if there was a feature so that a song that has already been ripped will not be overwritten by a duplicate.  I can only assume all this trouble of wrongly ripped and tagged songs has something to do with the reload rate.  What is the recommended reload rate? Right now I'm set at 12 to be safe. 

I have the exact same problem, does this happen to everyone?

thanks

Also, yesterday I left this new version on overnight with Cruise Control active, and reload rate set at 30 songs.  Checked out my music this morning, and there were problems - multiples of the same old track were being given the names from new tracks playing, so most of the music downloaded was entirely wrong.  It would be great if there was a feature so that a song that has already been ripped will not be overwritten by a duplicate.  I can only assume all this trouble of wrongly ripped and tagged songs has something to do with the reload rate.  What is the recommended reload rate? Right now I'm set at 12 to be safe. 

I have the exact same problem, does this happen to everyone?

thanks

Yes, I believe it does.

Same Problems.....

1 - 5 files -> same sound but other title,  and I think, thats no problem with reload, cause I see duplicate´s from the first download´s

(can not rip mp3, and all other logs I read here)

And it goes only 1 of ten times i look to pandora......

I tested FF 1.5, 2.0.01 - 11, flash 7 - 9 and all the variations i find on this board (and other´s)

The Joke: it works (from time to time) only with FF 2.0.0.11 (her you find enough post´s, that this can´t go.....?) Flash 8

So may be its a FF individual installationproblem?

Tomorrow comes a new clean installation on a virgin XP-system, and if it not work ..........

Then I wait for a good idea

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm probably in the minority here using Linux. I've downloaded the latest release, and it launches and runs successfully. Unfortunately, it seems like the non-Windows coding has OS X in mind. If I don't specify a temp folder, it goes looking for a Mac OS X style local temp folder, which of course, it won't find. Nor will it properly pick up on the tmp mp3 retry settings. Maybe I'm setting the wrong temp folder, but when I do point it at /tmp, it can't find anything. Has anyone gotten this to run successfully under linux? For the curious, I'm running Ubuntu 8, FF 3rc1, Flash 7.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there DO and all....thanks for your work, but I'm having a problem I can't seem to solve despite scouring the forums.

When I launch the Pandora's Jar (vers. 8.1) on my windowsXP, it runs pandora using the flash 9.0 rxx fix thingy. However, I get an error that says,

unable to locate artist and song information. Click the [Grab It] button to add this track - Select cruise control [on] for adding all played tracks. Waiting on Fan Info.

why is it unable to locate artist and song info? how can I find it? Using Firefox 3.0.1 , could that be the problem? (rolled back to 2.0.0.17, still doesn't work.

Thanks a million!