VLC/Media Center Hack Problems

silivrenion

So i've had enough problems getting an OS to support the TV Out of my graphics card. I finally got Windows XP to work, and downloaded VLC; except I found that the inline settings "start c:vlcvlc.exe h:media --intf=http --fullscreen" causes VLC to open in the primary monitor, NOT monitor 3, where the TV is connected. I'd like to be able to rely on the script for the entire process, but I can't find a way to get VLC to open on that monitor. I tried opening VLC and setting it on that monitor and quitting, but when it reopened, it opened on the primary monitor again!

A secondary problem I'm having is finding a decent podcast downloader... FireAnt.tv seems to like autoplaying things once they are downloaded, and has no configuration options for these settings, so i'm looking for a new downloader.

Any help would be appreciated!

have you tried opening VLC on monitor 3, then holding CTRL while clicking the X button to close the window? That sometimes tells windows to remember that location when opening that program. Aside from that I think if you look around the VLC forums and wiki you should be able to find a paramater.

Good luck and let us know when you find.

D