Ettercap a la Airpwn

digitalspy

Well I was checking at some stuff at irongeek. com and saw this article on "Fun with Ettercap Filters" where Adrian Crenshaw says that it is possible to do an Airpwn-like-attack over wireless trough Ettercap and Etterfilter but he only covers the attack using ethernet connection so, Hak5 members, we are going to use this topic to develop "AirHak" and the main goals will be these:

1.  Use Windows as platform

2.  Use Ettercap and Etterfilter

3.  Inject the WiFi to do the AirHak attack and replace pages/images with the Hak5-Goatse-logo.

So, everyone is invited to participate.

First off, Goatse? Gross. Secondly, Hak5 and Goatse together. Shows how much you respect Hak5. Thirdly, Goatse? Guess you have a liking for things like "tub grl", but this is a coummunity about hacking, not the childish defacing of web pages or "insertion" to peoples packet traffic. Your first post and your off to a great start...Let me ask you, do you often get a ID 10 T error when trying this "packet injection"?

First off, Goatse? Gross. Secondly, Hak5 and Goatse together. Shows how much you respect Hak5. Thirdly, Goatse? Guess you have a liking for things like "tub grl", but this is a coummunity about hacking, not the childish defacing of web pages or "insertion" to peoples packet traffic. Your first post and your off to a great start...Let me ask you, do you often get a ID 10 T error when trying this "packet injection"?

You didnt get the point dude, forget the Goatse, that was like a reference and actually I dislike that type of pictures, ID 10 T? You have lots of MIPS but no I/O. See this like a challenge and not "the childish defacing of web pages or "insertion" to peoples packet traffic" Respect.

Here is Ettercap bundled with Etterfilter from Xatrix http://www.xatrix.org/dload.php?id=18

Project "AirHak" status is: 30% by now

I give my wife plenty of I/O and my MIPS are in perfect working order...

If you are going to inject anything, insert your own logo, but to draw attention to it somehow being done by the Hak5 community is only looking to put them in the middle of something they had no involvment in. I'ts like robbing a bank and screaming "my name is darren kitchen and I live in Virginia" on the way out the door as you make a run for it. I don't think they need that kind of attention. That's not what this is all about.

It's cool to see tools like ettercap, and they can have positive uses, like protecting your network, etc, but lets not get into the whole "challenge" thing here, as its complete script kiddie stuff and automated. Maybe a better challenge woudl be a lan party and see who can pwn each other and who can block it. Something constructive.

Just because you know kung fu, does not mean you go around kicking peoples asses for the hell of it. Know what I mean? What is your purpose for

3.  Inject the WiFi to do the AirHak attack and replace pages/images with the Hak5-Goatse-logo.
and
everyone is invited to participate
, but invited to participate where? What do you want from us?

I am not sure I am clear on what it is you want. The link to ettercap, ok, cool tools, fun to play with, etc. Thanks for think, but what are you looking for from people here?

That's like saying, hey, here is Backtrack2 and you can do such and such to peoples computers, now lets all participate in the leet hax.

What?

Use the Force Danielson....and may the Schwartz be with you.

Peace..

You are right, indeed. I just tought the community of Hak5 would get interested and solve this together doing this with educational and hacking science purposes but like you said, it could be used by someone else with really bad intentions so, will make this project priv8. Take care...