hmmm. possibly a hack, by accident?

shadow1100mfp

you know how you download videos from youtube? (you copy the url, put it into something like www.keepvid.com, click download)

doesn't itunes work off of the internet, meaning that it uses urls, meaning that, in theory, if you get a url to something from itunes that you can download it with something like keepvid?

(edit: i haven't done this personally, i have only found the url and thought it was similar to youtube)

in theory it could work, but even if you sniff the traffic and find out what servers they are coming from, there is this little thing called drm.  And most likely apple is not using http to distribute it music and video, they most likely have their own priory protocol.

had to ruin my dreams didn't you?

even still, can't drm be defeated by burning to a cd/dvd and then re-ripping it )or in this case, ripping for the first time) to the computer?

can't drm be defeated by burning to a cd/dvd and then re-ripping it )or in this case, ripping for the first time) to the computer?

That's music acquired from the ITMS. Not video.

It's not "fair" that they "play" with our files this way. I think its only "fair" that the files "play" anywhere once you download it. "Video or music" from iTunes. ;) It should be "fair" to "use" them anywhere we want.

It's not "fair" that they "play" with our files this way. I think its only "fair" that the files "play" anywhere once you download it. "Video or music" from iTunes. ;) It should be "fair" to "use" them anywhere we want.
verry subtle ...

verry subtle ...

he does have a point though, if we pay for the music we should be able to use it how we want, its the same as buying a cd you can put that on any mp3 player you have, they don't limit it to one or w/e