www.pandora.com new hack Working

jang

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having problems with the program naming songs in an 'off-by-one' fashion ... it incorrectly names the currently playing song as the previous song.

ie

SongA plays ...

SongB starts playing ...

I get SongB saved as SongA.mp3

Is anyone else having this problem? Is Pandora pre-downloading the next song in the queue now so that it is one ahead of the player?

:?:

Any comments on this? Has anyone else seen a similar problem?

i'm no programmer but to check if it skipped a song, you just need to wait for the tile to change, when it changes you can be sure that the last access is that music ie access-x, just wait for the access-x+1 to start downloading and then copy access-x.

Hello guys,

Here is what i have done with Jeng's program:

I rewrote and changed places of part of the original code so it can now open a new firefox window and launch pandora.com when the script starts. It then waits 30 seconds in order for the first song to start loading.

The script then looks for the first song to be finised downloading and finally name it.

I haven't tested it with multiple stations(playlist) thou.

Note: You can turn off the debug mode if you don't want to see the code when you put your mouse over the tray icon while it's running.

If you wnat to compile the script to self contained exe, you can download Aut2Exe from AutoIt website there: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php

Hope this helps.

Anyway, here it is:

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

;

; AutoIt Version: 3.1.0

; Author:         Jang

;

; Script Function:

;   Get Pandora mp3s

;

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

;; Debug mode

Opt("TrayIconDebug",1)

;; Start a new dedicated window of firefox and launch Pandora.com website

Run ( "C:Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe -new-window http://www.pandora.com/")

;; Wait for the window to load the first song

WinWait ( "by", "", 30 )

; Define get partial title match and Wait for downloading

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

;; Get the handle of a Firefox window that contains "by" in title

$handle = WinGetHandle("by")

If @error Then

MsgBox(4096, "Error", "Could not find the correct window")

Else

; Define Bogus Tile

Global $title = "nothing"

; Define the path to the tempory folder

$tempdir1 = EnvGet("temp") & "plugtmp"

$tempdir2 = EnvGet("temp") & "plugtmp-"

$increment = 1

; Check which plugtemp exists

; Change by CygnusTM

While Not FileExists ($tempdir1 & "access")

While Not FileExists ($tempdir2 & $increment & "access")

; End change

$increment = $increment + 1

WEnd

$tempdir1 = $tempdir2 & $increment

WEnd

; Used later

Global $number = 1

Global $notspecified = $tempdir1 & "access-"

Global $previous = $tempdir1 & "access"

Global $next = $notspecified & $number

Global $saveto = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "config.ini", "SaveTo", "dir", @UserProfileDir & "Desktop")

If FileExists ($saveto) Then

Else

DirCreate ($saveto)

EndIf

$mainprogram = 1

While $mainprogram = 1

;MsgBox(0, "caixa", "whilestop")

$next = $notspecified & $number

;; This loop checks if the next cached song is started. If so, the current song is ready to be saved

$lookup = 1

While $lookup=1

;; Wait 10 secs before checking if the next song starts to be cached. To save CPU usage

Sleep(10000)

If FileExists($next) Then

$lookup = 0

EndIf

WEnd

;; Check if the song is paused

While "(Paused)"=StringLeft(WinGetTitle($handle), 8)

Sleep(500)

WEnd

;MsgBox(0, "caixa", "whilenot")

;Get the window Title

$title=WinGetTitle($handle)

;Isolate the music Title from the rest

$array = StringSplit($title, " - P",1)

$titlefinal = $array[1]

FileCopy($previous, $saveto & $titlefinal & ".mp3")

$Previous =  $next

$number = $number + 1

WEnd

EndIf

By the way, don't forget to put the config.ini file in the same folder as your executable.

Your config.ini file should contain the path to your saved music directory:

Don't forget to include "" at the end

[SaveTo]

dir=C:My music

I thought of that but decided to not launch pandora because it wasn't my personal default.

My last version actually waits for the Pandora window, counts down and then starts checking for the musics, it allows skip, pause, change station and musics named Pandora :-) . I have been busy with other things, but I may upload it if you want it, anyway 3tunes will be better, or so TomB says :-) , so we might as well wait for it .

My problem with 3tunes is that it's closed source and TomB says on is website that he doesn't know if he's gonna open the source someday. It looks to me that he wants to make some profits if it's successfull... Furthermore, it doesn't work with my "temp" directory settings.:(

or maybe i'm just paranoïd... :?

What has me keeping it closed source got to do with anything? I don't intend to make a profit. People seem have this fasination with things being "open source" these days, and it's not cool to use closed source applicatons. I'll realise the code to people who I feel won't abuse it and things.

Actually closed source in this case ins't so bad. If Pandora decides to change the way it caches the files, and you circunvent it, I wouldn't release the code again too. It would just tell them how to fix it again.

I just released it because the way my script works wasn't my idea, I just made ir work again because the original program author didn't update his app, also because I believe it can be used in a good way, although I didn't digg it :-) (like atention whore TomB lol)because many would use it to steal music. Actually closed source in this case isn't so bad. If Pandora decides to change the way it caches the files, and you circumvent it, I wouldn't release the code again too. It would just tell them how to fix it again.

I just released it because the way my script works wasn't my idea, I just made it work again because the original program author didn't update his app, also because I believe it can be used in a good way, although I didn't digg it :-) (like attention whore TomB lol)because many would use it to steal music.

I didn't submit it to digg, and I didn't want it on digg, so :/ Ah well

Sorry, my mistake, I could swear I saw a

"Also support to project by digging the story at Digg.com.

Thanks - TomB" link in your site, once again I'm sorry!

http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&...=1&.intl=us

If yahoo doesn't show the cached version just try the link again a few times.

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?6fddc2f7d9.gifth.6fddc2f7d9.gif

What has me keeping it closed source got to do with anything? I don't intend to make a profit. People seem have this fasination with things being "open source" these days, and it's not cool to use closed source applicatons. I'll realise the code to people who I feel won't abuse it and things.

Sorry if I offended you :( , but I think that people who have subscribed to the $ 12 for 3 months or the $36 for 12 months and wants to enjoy their favorite playlists on the go and DO buy later on the songs they've eared have the right to know how to do it or maybe just see how it's done.

What bothers me the most with closed source is when the programer decides suddenly to stop supporting his program. People get stuck with no alternatives. :?

Also, it happens that the programmer release all its code at once when feelling like quiting and... that... is also a big problem for the people who want to keep the project alive as they don't have any input from the original creator or the code is badly commented.

My last griefs with closed source are :

- Bad timing to release a fix; because the programer doesn't feel like it the day the problem araise or just doesn't have time right away (we all have a life).

- And only one "team" develops it wich doesn't help improving the code itself; other people often times have other more efficient ways to code a the same function.

Other than that i just love open source as it's very educative to any programer to see how things are done. :P

Sorry if I offended you Sad , but I think that people who have subscribed to the $ 12 for 3 months or the $36 for 12 months and wants to enjoy their favorite playlists on the go and DO buy later on the songs they've eared have the right to know how to do it or maybe just see how it's done.

You didn't offend me, I generally never release any of my source code. Paying for a a service does not give anyone the right to a 3rd party program's source code. Everyone now knows the logic behind 3tunes, I am not the first person to create a program to take advantage of Pandora.com, it's just that mine happened to become popular.

What bothers me the most with closed source is when the programer decides suddenly to stop supporting his program. People get stuck with no alternatives.

I didn't intend my program to become so popular, just because it became popular doesn't mean I have to start "supporting" it more. I have more important things than caring about a small program that happened to become mainstream.

Also, it happens that the programmer release all its code at once when feelling like quiting and... that... is also a big problem for the people who want to keep the project alive as they don't have any input from the original creator or the code is badly commented.

I only comment code if I feel I need to, because it's hard to remember what parts do, but in the case of of 3tunes I did not choose to comment my code because I know how it functions, if I should choose to open the source, I probably wouldn't comment my code either. If I wanted to quit this "project", I think thats generally up to me.

My last griefs with closed source are :

- Bad timing to release a fix; because the programer doesn't feel like it the day the problem araise or just doesn't have time right away (we all have a life).

- And only one "team" develops it wich doesn't help improving the code itself; other people often times have other more efficient ways to code a the same function.

The people aka my friends who the program was intended for, and in reality the only people I am coding this for, won't mind when I release "fixes". My friends general get any questions answered first-hand, and by me. There isn't a "team" developing my code... it's a whole 300-400 lines and will never go above 1000, so I can generally improve it myself.

So sadly until I feel like changing my mind, 3tunes is still officially closed source.

Quit your bitching please.

I've seen the code. If you need it to be commented to understand it you won't be able to do anything with it anyways. It's not a long program.

If pandora fixes it so 3tunes doesn't work who cares? Oh no people can't exploit them anymore! God damnit pay some cash then asshole.

Don't get me wrong open source is great, but if the developer doesn't want to open the source that's his/her business not yours. Chances are if they have the skill to write a program that does something you're intrested in seeing the code for they've heard it all before and have chosen not to release the source for a reason. The more you whine the less likely the source will be released.

</rant>

-gonffen

:? Fuck this, who cares if you want 3tunes to go mainstream or not, I just don't like to be called a liar, the fact is you had a link and wanted people to digg your site, and on top of that YOU dugg it yourself. Now if you want to say you didn't want the attention please do it without calling everyone else stupid, and remember that even if you aren't known, everything you do on the Internet will have records. :roll:

Just a quick note on the open source / closed source thing:

Keep in mind that open source has a distinct value when there are no alternatives. HOWEVER in this forum alone there are currently *4* Pandora timeshifting clients being developed for various platforms, this one being the only one that you can't see the code for. If you want to know how the process works, just read the comments in the other programs.

Or just look at the files Pandora places on your system. It doesn't require you to be a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out you know. Roll your own program, and open source that.

:? Fuck this, who cares if you want 3tunes to go mainstream or not, I just don't like to be called a liar, the fact is you had a link and wanted people to digg your site, and on top of that YOU dugg it yourself. Now if you want to say you didn't want the attention please do it without calling everyone else stupid, and remember that even if you aren't known, everything you do on the Internet will have records. :roll:

I didn't appriciate being called an attention whore just because 3tunes made the Digg frontpage. Search digg for nUbuntu and call me an even bigger attention whore because the announcements of each release made digg frontpage. At no point did I call you "stupid".

See, I don't pay attention for a few days, and already a fight breaks out amongst our closeknit community.

Okay, this one's going to take a little more sorting out than normal, due to the fact that the ethical concerns in using 3tunes is mm... touchy at best.

Personally, I think that it was an excellent idea for the intellectual persuit side of doing it, seeing if you could create a program that is both easily accessible, modable, and does everything that the user could wish. The only passing concern would be that it is very ethically unballanced as a principle, and does bend certain copywrite laws.

I think congratulations are in order for getting on the front page of digg, and as for the fact that Pandora will very probably patch their site to no longer allow this exploit to grab the music, it was still extremely interesting to read how you went about it.

Jang, yeah, I think that you intended the "Attention Whore" comment as a jest, or at least in good humour (maybe it was the lol afterwards that gave it away), but people can, and often do misread things, and it can be very offensive to them. I'm not going to have a major rant or anything, but you seem to be irritated that this got taken the wrong way, so please just understand that from time to time it's not what you write what offends people, it's what they read.

Now, we're still a fairly small community at the moment, and since the time I've been here, I've been amazed at how many like-minded people we have. Sure there'll be argument's from time to time, but please, don't let anything frustrate you. After all, this is only a forum, and what happens here shouldn't affect the "Real World" in any way, shape, or form. Take every comment with a pinch of salt, and think hard before you post anything, for it might offend someone.

Thank's for listening.