Internet on roadtripp

Weiii

You can get it through your cell phone company with a card they provide for laptops. It also connects while moving, unlike wi-fi.

Don't knwo what services they have in Europe though.

http://krakow.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/06/08/218696.aspx

If your phone has blutooth then it is possible to set up your cell phone to act as a modem.

What is the cost of the calls though, plus roaming?

Anyone know of a Firefox extension to enable on demand image loading?

You want all images off until you tell the page to load them? Or place holders for all images until you click it and tell it to load the image? Not sure what you mean.

Opera and Internet Explorer have an option to turn off images and view just text and links. I thought Firefox had this built in as well. Maybe I missundertood your question.

Ideally the handles. But that may cause issue in that the resolution of the image may not be known until downloaded. The idea been that if you are using GPRS or EVDO to connect to the internet you only want text until you get to an image you actually want. So, at the very least, you need to block ad servers.

I was in Europe a few years ago, had my 11g card and a Libretto (pitty it's dead now) and I'd connect to the Orange network (hotspots in most cities) and used the credit card to buy time (redirected web page). Some hotels had hotspots and you could buy time (1hr etc) too.

I'd find most hotspots with Netstumbler, so take that as well :)

Check out the Orange hotspot directory http://orange.hotspot-directory.com/

Well... yeah  8)

Did that once while in a hotel room in Sydney, had problems with the in-house wireless, but found a "netgear" wireless point when I put my laptop on the TV ;)

Other neat places while in Europe was the bathtub (empty of course), had better reception for some reason...

• 2 weeks later...
FireFox has an add blocker add-on but it loads the images first.  That kinda defeats the purpose if you don't want them in the first place though, huh?

It can be configured like so. However by default it won't connect to blacklisted servers at all.