Sparda + Vista = Rant

Sparda

I wasn't refering to that, I was refering to the forcing people to buy some thing else just to use another product which they also must buy from them. (unfair buisness practices/Coercive monopoly?)

here they call that chain selling stuff .... and it is illegal in belguim but not in holland / germany /france .....

a good example over here is u have to buy a cellphone and ure subscription seperate , or @ least pay for em seperate and can always cacel your subscribtio n to that provider .... but your price will b large if u buy the newest model u'll b like €245

in holland , germany , france u get things like cell seperate = €245

but if u take a 2 year subscribtion to the provider (contract) cell = €0 - €1

I also don't see why there are two versions of XP when they could have just had one and charged like £70, but then it's a bit more appealing to me (it's cheaper) and they would amke another £20 for every version of Home that would have been sold if it had exsisted. There is also an unessasery number of variations of Vista (like 4). Why don't they just have one version and charge more for it (from the perspective of the cheaper versions) but less then what it would be if the other versions exsisted. The obviuse exception to this is the server versions of windows. It's quite understandable that the server version of windows is a seperate version.

What are the features that pro has, and home lacks, that you need? The sell home for £50 because it sells at that price, Suse 10 is £40. They charge £100 for Pro, because they can, and to be honest it has stuff in that thats needed, but will never be worth it on the home market. The home/bedroom hacker market is very different to the enterprise market, which is a prime market for MS.

The thing I take major use of in Pro that cannot be done in home is it's more ajustable connfiguration settings for file sharing and network polacies. I also make use of NTFS permissions in Pro, it can be done in Home but it's not as stright farward. Does XP Home have version emulation? I don't remeber, i make use of that quite a bit as well.

One thing i think will be bad with vista is the level of warning pop-ups, if the beta reveiwers are right, most of that will get turned off for being annoying... and then bammm... virus city