here we go with the noob jokes.....

noobsofuknwhat

alright look you have got to start somewhere if you are going to be a clown then save your opinions for some one else

im looking for some expert advise which is why people post here not to be made a fool of

ok rant over.  i want to switch over to linux  from vista there are a lot of different ones out there ive never used linux before only windows

ive been looking on osdir and linux. org and i just wanted some opinions from linux users on wich will be the path of least resistance. 

any thoughts will be appreciated thank you

alright look you have got to start somewhere if you are going to be a clown then save your opinions for some one else

im looking for some expert advise which is why people post here not to be made a fool of

ok rant over.  i want to switch over to linux  from vista there are a lot of different ones out there ive never used linux before only windows

ive been looking on osdir and linux. org and i just wanted some opinions from linux users on wich will be the path of least resistance. 

any thoughts will be appreciated thank you

what do you do with your computer when you get home?  Be detailed!

Gaming is probally best kept to windows unless you want to use Cedega. If your totally new to the whole Linux thing then Ubuntu is probally your best bet, given the shear amount of HOWTO guides for it. Ubuntu has changed things to make it more easy to use though. Whatever you chose, your going to end up having to use the command line though. Do not use automatix though, it will cause you more problems that doing it all "the hard way" (its not that hard at all). When I was in your position I ending up using freeBSD, which did teach me a lot more than Ubuntu ever did. I like Fedora myself, others Gentoo.

anyone try out sabayon linux 3.4?

I've tried an older version of sabayon, one of their first releases i think. i found it to be REALLY unstable, but that was an early release.

I found it really nice that it had drivers for Berryl from start up and required no configuration.

anyone try out sabayon linux 3.4?

Yep I'm using it right now, haven't tried games with it but I would say Fedora is better.

EDIT: I would recommned sabayon though because it comes with all the graphics card drives pre installed for you :)