In game video captur

Sparda

So, we have coverd video editing, and here is a nice desktop capturing program. I'v been looking for software that will capture 3D fullscreen programs (i.e. Games), CamStudio does do it, but it's very glitchy. From the games I'v tried it in offten the HUD would be flickering and it would offten skip frames.. not very good. I know of fraps and I know it sucks doggie testicals. Any surgestions?

Running Fraps with a dual-core CPU is fine, one core encodes the video and the other runs the game.

It also depends on how high you want to settings and the capture, UT2003/04 can be capture very well on Fraps with a single core CPU but something like UT GOYTE can't. Its because original UT is basically all done by the CPU and not the GFX unlike the newer version. This makes capturing CPU intensive games more difficult.

svideo out on video card to svideo in on mini-dv camera, press record button. ;)

Would svideo do the sound aswell though? I've never really bothered to learn anything about this stuff... but I don't think svideo would do sound(seeing as it's done by the VIDEO card).

S-video doesn't do sound, but the sound is easy enough to capture using the outputs from the computer playing the game going into the line-in on the computer doing the recording.

Or you could just tell it to record the line out...