Intel or AMD?

Mr_Mischif

Intel or AMD?  

28 members have voted

1. 1.

• Intel
    • AMD

I'm buying a new laptop, and they have a choice between the Intel C2D or AMD Turion X2 processors, and I'm wondering which would be the better choice. I haven't heard of an update on the Turions in a while, whereas the C2Ds are still fairly new. I'd just use it for browsing, blogging, a little coding, and maybe some gaming.

I recently bought a Dual Core Intel Desktop after running my AMD Duron 800mhz into the ground, and have to say it is nice for speed, but uses a lot more electricity, created a lot more heat , noise and did not seem as stable as my AMD box was. Also, My lappy runs an AMD chip and from the other laptops I have used with Intel chips that had faster clock speeds, my laptop seemed faster for just about everything from video rendering to game play and general use, and never gives me issues.

I have fixed 2 intel laptops this past month so I have used them recently, one being a newer Dual Core Intel with Vista, and although it might have a high clock speed, that does not always translate to stability and better power use. All the Intell laptops I have used get really hot and none of them could sit on your lap without seeming like you poured a hot coffee on your lap. My AMD runs quiet and cool except when charging the battery and only the power pack gets hot, not the laptop or battery itself.

If power, heat, and battery life are in issue, stay away from Intel lappys. If speed is all yoru after, then get the C2D, but wait a few weeks as they just released some newer ones with the clock restrictions turned off. You will soon be able to get a 3ghz lappy, but I do not know how stable the thing is going to be. Stores ar ejust now getting them so wait till you see them in your area if you want the faster CPU: http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=53889

I pseronally am waiting until the AMD Barcelona is out before I switch again. I want an AMD desktop over my new Dual Core Intel, evne if I did just get it about 6 months ago. I needed a new pc because my old one just fried, and it was time for a newer pc anyway, but after my experience with Intel I will switch back to AMD when the newer quad comes out either later this year or next year.

Iv'e Been using intel since i was born. Even when i was only one, the shape program my dad built with a touch screen.

It was the only one for a couple of months... where after they decided they couldn't keep up demand and made the 386 design public.

Oh wait.. I see, when YOU where only one, not when Intel was the only one.