Network annoyances...

Hack_To_Learn

I am head of our school's computer club, and we have a server in a teachers room (computer club rep) and we run a few servers off of it. We operate within our own work group. I am on good terms with the system manager and with the computer teachers, they are new to this thing called "security" and I was able to obtain the wifi password as well as the username and password to the wireless router. Is there a program that can port forward so we can broadcast over the internet? I am in tech theatre as well and we will be recording our shows via the computer.. So i would like to broadcast clips to advertise online.

Also I would like to know if there is a way to remote desktop to a computer running novel to login to a network. I can get to the login screen remotely but when I enter my student Id and password it tells me there is an error.. any suggestions?

When I use cmd to try and access other computers on a network I get this box asking for password and username but my student id won't work. Is there a program that can map all the network computers then and let me login to the selected computer? Even the command line codes would be great.

(long post)

You seem to be new to using forums so I'll give you a tip. Limit your self to one concise question per thread. That makes your post much easier to read, and clarifies the intent of the thread. You may otherwise want to use paragraphs.

When I use cmd to try and access other computers on a network I get this box asking for password and username but my student id won't work.

This is due to group policy settings. You can do this only with computers that the network administrators give you the remote log on privilage.

This is due to group policy settings. You can do this only with computers that the network administrators give you the remote log on privilage.

I tell the computer to allow remote logins.. I guess thats more under the novell problem though. How would one go about setting privilages?

I tell the computer to allow remote logins.. I guess thats more under the novell problem though. How would one go about settong privilages?

If it is someone else's computer then ask them to give you the remote log on privilege. If it is your own computer and you're using *NIX then you'll have to look it up in the documentation as every one has their own way of doing it. If it is your own computer and you're using Windows then take a look in the System Properties window for some Remote Desktop settings.

I f its windows systems in your school reg a ts server get the hash from the domain machine and then you can just about acess anything illegally.but if your in the computer club and are the boss i would just ask, unless your lookign to do some underground behind the scenes stuff, you being there at the school i can say that it would be risky. theres actually so many things you can do since your there at the school, just try to stay out of trouble..