Grammar Issue

dhp1080

In the Forum Welcome Center description, the text reads "Rules, FAQ's, and Introductions, start here if your new." However, "your" is the incorrect form, and should be replaced with "you're."

I'm sure you understand.

DHP1080

Grammar Nazi Extraordinaire  :twisted:

Shouldn't it also be "FAQs". The quote is to indicate something is there, but has been omitted, however the s in this case is to indicate plurality.

Shouldn't it also be "FAQs". The quote is to indicate something is there, but has been omitted, however the s in this case is to indicate plurality.
really if you want to by picky it should be FAQ = 'Frequently Asked Questions' FAQs is "Frequently Asked Questionses' or for more then one FAQ but there's only one FAQ here.

• 1 month later...
Lines start with a capital, and end in a dot, so you should've said:

So should 'No no no'.

Actually Cooper it would be more correct if you had said should have or could have since its past-tense instead of should've.

Also where is this leading...  :?:

Wow. Someone likes his threads old.

So should 'No no no'.

Actually Cooper it would be more correct if you had said should have or could have since its past-tense instead of should've.

I hope you do understand that "should have" and "should've" are the same? The quote means you left a bit of the word out. Like "I'm" -> "I am", "I've" -> "I have", "Rock 'n' Roll" -> "Rock and Roll".

"Should've" is past tense.

Well, apparently to you being told off about the English language by someone who doesn't use it as a first language.

Wow. Someone likes his threads old.

So should 'No no no'.

I hope you do understand that "should have" and "should've" are the same? The quote means you left a bit of the word out. Like "I'm" -> "I am", "I've" -> "I have", "Rock 'n' Roll" -> "Rock and Roll".

"Should've" is past tense.

Well, apparently to you being told off about the English language by someone who doesn't use it as a first language.

pwned