Make A Splash Screen?

hsncorrosion

You want to re-brand an open source program as your own?

No, it is an open source game engine, I created a mod for it and want a splash screen.

I am placing all of the information of the original creator in the game and in the readme file.

I am not taking credit for anything I did not do, All credit is going to who created anything I'm using.

Might be easier to just make a little stand alone launcher application then, in return for the game engine, make it open source and easy for other mod makers to use it them selves.

Might be easier to just make a little stand alone launcher application then, in return for the game engine, make it open source and easy for other mod makers to use it them selves.

I am unsure on how to create the launcher. But I will of course release the game in open source

What are you using to program with? VB6, .NET. etc?

EX: VB6 you would make a form and tell it to have no title/caption bar, etc. then make the image so that when clicked it launches the other program using something like a shell command and then have the form exit after the click.

If your looking for specific source code, you need to tell us what your programming in becasue each language can do it differently. VB6 would probably be the easiest since all you would need to do is drag and drop a few controls onto the form, like a picture box to display your splash screen image.

Without software to write the program, how were you planning on doing it?  ;)