A comprehensive guide to Nmap with screenshots and example

pavs

What is Nmap?

Nmap (”Network Mapper”) is a free open source utility for network exploration or security auditing.  It was designed to rapidly scan large networks, although it works fine against single hosts.  Nmap uses raw IP packets in novel ways to determine what hosts are available on the network, what services (application name and version) those hosts are offering, what operating systems (and OS versions) they are running, what type of packet filters/firewalls are in use, and dozens of other characteristics.  Nmap runs on most types of computers and both console and graphical versions are available.  (source)

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2007/07/10/a-com...th-screenshots/ (fixed - VaKo)

At first it was one whole blob of a page :)

Than I got complains about taking too much time to load (65 images last time I checked).

I might make it even less pages. later. But it does take time to load. and perhaps easier to view.

Thanks for liking it.

pavs

I do have a large monitor so maybe its me, just annoying having to click next every 30 seconds. What about doing a 2nd version sans formatting that would work for printing (or saving to a PDF)? Its the type of thing you want to be able to keep on hand as a reference but its kinda hard as it stands.