UK users, avoid talktalk ISP!

Alkamist

hey guys just wanted to post this just to make everyone aware of staying away from talktalk. I should be on an 8Mb line and all was fine with download speeds of 800kb/s but now they have fallen to around 30-80kb/s and torrents have been totally blocked. If anyone has any other info or news about this topic i would be grateful to hear from you.

nope tried those methods and still the same except for excrypted, im not sure how to do that? It works out they allow normal bandwidth for http but torrent activity they give no bandwidth to so could they not just say and if anything encrypted dont allow bandwidth to that too. Just a though but if you can get back to me with the encryption that would be great and ill give it a try. thanks

Yet again it all comes down to the ISP's lack of investment in there network. They want to be able to sell high speed broadband, but due to contention customers will never be able to get the product they were sold.

I know a lot of people that use UK Online with no hassles at all, also Zen Broadband seems to be another good UK ISP and it offers a lot more extras.  Generally speaking if you just go for the cheapest broadband provider and you don’t read all the agreements you’re going to get shafted.

I went with Pipex a few months back after I got kicked off Ornage for exceeding my unlimited download limit.

I read through Pipex's terms and conditions at the time, and their unlimited service truly was unlimited. With no fair usage policy or throttling.

All that changed about a month after I signed up. Now I'm tied into a 12 month contract, but only 5 months to go and by then I should have more money and ADSL2+ will be available in my are w00t, 24Mbit, then there is the challenge of finding an ISP that can provide 24Mb without any download limits lol...

I went with Pipex a few months back after I got kicked off Ornage for exceeding my unlimited download limit.

I read through Pipex's terms and conditions at the time, and their unlimited service truly was unlimited. With no fair usage policy or throttling.

All that changed about a month after I signed up. Now I'm tied into a 12 month contract, but only 5 months to go and by then I should have more money and ADSL2+ will be available in my are w00t, 24Mbit, then there is the challenge of finding an ISP that can provide 24Mb without any download limits lol...

What the HELL are you downloading, man? More to the point, where do you find the time to use that which you've downloaded?

Oh, you know, the usual...

Plus I'm addicted to almost all tech-related vidcasts on the net. So I use a fair few gigs a month on those alone.

If I use more than 40GB during 'peak hours' in a month (peak being 6pmto11pm) I get throttled during peak hours for the next few weeks, so it's an ever lasting cycle. I got 8Mb, and connected 24/7, I wanna get my moneys worth even if I only pay £25 a month, It's my largest investment at the moment.

I find time as I was a college student, recently finished my course, would love to go back to do another but doesn't look so hopeful, so I need to look for a job so I can get a new PC (AMD Phenom here I come!), but I'm plagued by the fact that my social skills are practically non-existent so I would /fail at retail.

• 1 month later...

ive been getting talk talk leaflets through the door and my dad was like oh well get that it looks cheap and i was like NOOOO

my m8 has it and hes pissed off right now due to his 2 year contract LOL

unlucky for him

ive been getting talk talk leaflets through the door and my dad was like oh well get that it looks cheap and i was like NOOOO

my m8 has it and hes pissed off right now due to his 2 year contract LOL

unlucky for him

contracts are for company's who service sucks so much they can't keep you any other way